Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

Awe. Saban's breaking up at the end of the interview. He's a nice guy after all.

The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was pulling for Alabama, it turns out. Don’t feel too bad, Georgia. You were never going to win.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Awe. Saban's breaking up at the end of the interview. He's a nice guy after all.
    he knows this is the last one on his contract before he starts getting pineapples shoved up his ass for eternity
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Jalen Hurts trying hard to not sound pissed about his team winning the national championship

That TD throw was beautiful.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was pulling for Alabama, it turns out. Don’t feel too bad, Georgia. You were never going to win.
    http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...o/tebow/n13335

Unreal. What on earth were the DBs thinking on that play? I couldn’t tell if that was terrible Cover 2 or completely blown Cover 3
    Turns out it was terrible Cover 2. That safety wasn’t even in the play.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Jalen Hurts trying hard to not sound pissed about his team winning the national championship
    He gone.

Turns out it was terrible Cover 2. That safety wasn’t even in the play.
    He would have been if it was a BYU QB in there. He would have laser-locked on the receiver immediately and the safety would have intercepted it.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Can we get Babs to tell Herbstreit that those curved collars haven't been in style for 10 years (any never for white guys)?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Crystal Football is way better than the current trophy.

Tua confirmed it. Thank you Jesus!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    He would have been if it was a BYU QB in there. He would have laser-locked on the receiver immediately and the safety would have intercepted it.
    It’s one thing to get looked off a couple steps so that you have to recover to force a good throw. It’s another to get looked off so hard that by the time the ball arrives and the WR has taken two steps, you are still % out of frame.

Georgia fans are complaining about the blocked punt offsides call.

The problem is the angle that ESPN showed on the replay. The camera was a yard behind the LoS towards Alabama's side of the field. If it's straight down the line, the Georgia player likely went into the neutral zone.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post

The problem is the angle that ESPN showed on the replay. The camera was a yard behind the LoS towards Alabama's side of the field. If it's straight down the line, the Georgia player likely went into the neutral zone.
    the false start drew him
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

It’s one thing to get looked off a couple steps so that you have to recover to force a good throw. It’s another to get looked off so hard that by the time the ball arrives and the WR has taken two steps, you are still % out of frame.

I agree. Tua sold that masterfully. The safety swallowed it HLS.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

There was a pretty blatant false start on that 4th down, game tying TD.

I don't know. Looked good to me.

But we do get a nice crying Jordan meme.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    I don't know. Looked good to me.

Think back to the Music City Miracle game. Wycheck's lateral looks like a forward pass because of the angle of the camera. That camera angle is not straight down the line so you can't tell where the Georgia player is in relation to the LoS.

But the refs also missed the false start which would have also negated the play.

The worse play was failing to call a false start on the 4th down TD
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Think back to the Music City Miracle game. Wycheck's lateral looks like a forward pass because of the angle of the camera. That camera angle is not straight down the line so you can't tell where the Georgia player is in relation to the LoS.

But the refs also missed the false start which would have also negated the play.

The worse play was failing to call a false start on the 4th down TD
    It may not be straight down the line, but its pretty close.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Lots of people I went to school with are upset about the UGA loss. Almost none of them actually attended UGA, mind you. This seems to be the general opinion of the officiating.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

Hooray for Bama!

Princeps Inter Pares

I hereby move that the entire 2017 season be stricken from the record.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    It may not be straight down the line, but its pretty close.
    In regulation with the normal angle above the field, they showed it from behind and he looked clearly offsides. If the camera is not straight down the line, you have no idea where he is in relation the ball. If the camera were a yard beyond the LoS on Georgia's side, he would look really offsides.

Regardless, if you're going to blame the refs for calling that wrong, then you have to point out the Alabama false start on the same play.

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    I hereby move that the entire 2017 season be stricken from the record.
    Second!
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Losing teams always feel the officiating sucked. There was a blatant hold on one of Georgia’s TDs as well. If replay was Really about getting it right they would give each coach a certain number of challenges and let them challenge everything in the rules, penalties included. Instead it’s a fake band aid to create more commercial time.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Losing teams always feel the officiating sucked. There was a blatant hold on one of Georgia’s TDs as well. If replay was Really about getting it right they would give each coach a certain number of challenges and let them challenge everything in the rules, penalties included. Instead it’s a fake band aid to create more commercial time.
    It's that anti-SEC bias. Big 10 refs just can't help themselves.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Watched half of the second quarter. Went to bed at halftime so I could get up at 530 for a run (NY resolutions and all that). I'm happy with my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    It's that anti-SEC bias. Big 10 refs just can't help themselves.
    Yes. And with all that talent and arguably the best coach in NCAA football history, Bama has no choice but to rig the game.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster