Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by USUC View Post
    It's not an either or, it's speed and talent that is allowed to walk the fine line. Miami in the 80s and 90s, Nebraska in the 90s, same thing. It's not unprecedented.
    You are crazy. There is no conspiracy.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

PAC-12 crew. It’s all making sense.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

I (claim) to love college football, but I don’t want to watch the biggest game of the year if my favorite team, or at least one from my conference isn’t playing?!? I hope those who feel this way are Duke, Kansas or Kentucky fans, otherwise you have missed A LOT of great NCAAB finals

Am I the only person on this board that is going to watch the all SEC playoff championship? I hate Alabama and Georgia as much as anyone, but I’ll still watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    You are crazy. There is no conspiracy.
    It's not a conspiracy, dynasties get deference from officiating in the same way Jordan did or LeBron does now. They get the benefit of the doubt. What's so controversal about that?

I'll concede your first point.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Losing to a 4-8 team should also eliminate you, I’d assume you stay logical I. Your arguments or only use logic against Ohio State?
    Judging by how Clemson has played, maybe we could also throw that rule in too.

Or every team can get one mulligan that gets taken away if they lose two games -- like Ohio State. The discussion was always about Ohio State vs Alabama and I thought it was completely absurd given the fact that Bama only had one loss in a fairly close game on the road against its rival. Then the Ohio State people pointed out Alabama scheduling Mercer while they scheduled UNLV.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Am I the only person on this board that is going to watch the all SEC playoff championship? I hate Alabama and Georgia as much as anyone, but I’ll still watch.

Same. It is the last college football game for 8 months. Why would you not? Just dumb.

Auburn just lost to UCF who was the only undefeated team. Which just further muddy’s the picks IMO..

So some of you aren't watching Georgia vs Alabama?

Are you crazy?
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Two SEC teams in the championship game. I'm starting to hate everything about college football.

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    So some of you aren't watching Georgia vs Alabama?

Are you crazy?
    They’re whiny, not crazy. Smart money says they’ll all be watching.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by originalsocal View Post
    Two SEC teams in the championship game. I'm starting to hate everything about college football.
    There is plenty else to watch to avoid this masochistic match-up. Several teams worth hating, any team from the SEC, Ohio State and U$C, in any match-up. A double SEC game is a no-go zone.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Default The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

What the hell happened last night..

Why does my head effing hurt so much!!

What the Eff was in that eggnog!!!

The only thing that is clear for me from that haze of a shitfest last night, is that there is no way in hell I am going to watch that SEC loving Final game.. the rest of their conference was shit but since those to fuckwads got in, Those dipshits from the SEC still think their cornhole don’t stink..

What a nightmare..

Gotta say it’s kind of funny that there is an undefeated team that just beat Auburn (who beat both Bama and UGa).

Dan Lebatard is awarding UCF the National Championship. Funny stuff.

Good news, whiners!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

I wonder if a combined Georgia/Bama team could beat the Browns.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

I wonder if a combined Georgia/Bama team could beat the Browns.

lol

It couldn't even beat Ohio State.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    lol

It couldn't even beat Ohio State.
    While I agree with your statement, I will have to defer to the fact the two teams could not beat UCF. As UCF just beat Auburn who beat both Bama and Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    While I agree with your statement, I will have to defer to the fact the two teams could not beat UCF. As UCF just beat Auburn who beat both Bama and Georgia.
    And Ohio State got blown out by Iowa, which lost to 5-6 Purdue, which lost to Rutgers, which lost to Eastern Michigan, which lost to the Ohio Bobcats, which lost to the Akron Zips.

And Ohio State got blown out by Iowa, which lost to 5-6 Purdue, which lost to Rutgers, which lost to Eastern Michigan, which lost to the Ohio Bobcats, which lost to the Akron Zips.
    Not that same. UCF beat ONE team who beat both Georgia and Bama.

None of this “which lost too”.. shit..

Not that same. UCF beat ONE team who beat both Georgia and Bama.

None of this “which lost too”.. shit..

What's the difference? Aren't we playing the transitive game?

What's the difference? Aren't we playing the transitive game?
    Major difference in your transitive game vs. mine..

A Beat B

B Beat C & D

Not:

A lost to B

B Lost to C

C Lost to D

D Lost to E

And so on.

You Transitive Game is not true to the relations at all..

Major difference in your transitive game vs. mine..

A Beat B

B Beat C & D

Not:

A lost to B

B Lost to C

C Lost to D

D Lost to E

And so on.

You Transitive Game is not true to the relations at all..
    Knock it off. It is the same thing.

Do you honestly think UCF should have gotten in over Alabama based on this logic? Or Georgia? Seriously?

I didn't think UCF deserved to be in the playoff at the time, but now looking back, you have to say they should have. How could you not? They're undefeated and beat a team that has wins over both the teams in the national championship. Imagine if that was BYU how pissed we'd be.

Knock it off. It is the same thing.

Do you honestly think UCF should have gotten in over Alabama based on this logic? Or Georgia? Seriously?
    No!! (Says the stubborn dabrockster).. I will not concede to your logic!

UCF: Hind sight is 20/20. Now, back during Selection day, I would not have, but their win is a statement to the CFP committee that they did deserve it and this idea of 1-loss teams was better than a 2-Loss team was horseshit when you had an undefeated team not even in consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    I didn't think UCF deserved to be in the playoff at the time, but now looking back, you have to say they should have. How could you not? They're undefeated and beat a team that has wins over both the teams in the national championship. Imagine if that was BYU how pissed we'd be.
    Agreed. Drop Oklahoma and add UCF.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Why is no one saying that Auburn should have been in? It beat both the teams in the championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Why is no one saying that Auburn should have been in? It beat both the teams in the championship game.
    Whoops.

What the hell happened last night..

Why does my head effing hurt so much!!

What the Eff was in that eggnog!!!

The only thing that is clear for me from that haze of a shitfest last night, is that there is no way in hell I am going to watch that SEC loving Final game.. the rest of their conference was shit but since those to fuckwads got in, Those dipshits from the SEC still think their cornhole don’t stink..

What a nightmare..

now that’s a post
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

I hate that Alabama made the CFP without winning their conference but nobody was beating that team last night.