Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

I don’t understand the Boise hate. I was rooting for Oregon because my son loves them more than he loves me. But I root for Boise pretty much in every game that they are not playing BYU. I don’t get the level of hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by USUC View Post
    Ugh. Makes them even more insufferable. I hope that QB is a senior this year.
    He’s got one more year. He was a turnover machine last year but was a lot better this year.

My hate is mostly manufactured. Its easy to get a rise out of their fan base.

But I do think they should have outgrown the gimmicks by now (blue turf, cute trick plays, etc.)

That being said, their level of success given their resources is only bested by BYU in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Hard to argue they aren't a successful program.

Made a couple of bad decisions close to the goal line today, but was really accurate otherwise. Not sure what to make of this game. Oregon just looked exhausted, uninterested, and not invested in the scheme. Their O-line looked silly against boise.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

It was SHOCKING to see Boise is still late hitting, twisting ankles in piles, doing Boise things. But, as CUF proved the MWC is better than the P12, maybe BYU should go back.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    It was SHOCKING to see Boise is still late hitting, twisting ankles in piles, doing Boise things. But, as CUF proved the MWC is better than the P12, maybe BYU should go back.
    Wow. I can tell that you posted this with your tongue planted firmly in your cheek. lol. Maybe next time just write "TIC" so the newbies around here don't get confused.

Sorry about your road trip, buddy.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Sorry about your road trip, buddy.
    I had a great road trip. I was never going to watch the 38th most important bowl of the year. Once Slick Willie lies his way out of town I knew Oregon had no chance. Royce making the smart decision removes any doubt.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

I had a great road trip. I was never going to watch the 38th most important bowl of the year. Once Slick Willie lies his way out of town I knew Oregon had no chance. Royce making the smart decision removes any doubt.
    I like your attitude.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

your post is a big ol bummer broseph stalin
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    your post is a big ol bummer broseph stalin
    Why? Things were chaos in Eugene for two weeks, then Royce didn’t play. Meaningless game who cares? It is just funny that now BYU isn’t in the MWC that the Veg doesn’t difinitively price what conf is better MWC/P12.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

umm yeah anyone else watching Allen destroy Central Michigan? He is legit. Impressive to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    umm yeah anyone else watching Allen destroy Central Michigan? He is legit. Impressive to watch.
    He is Ryan Leaf. All the physical tools but very raw. If he can figure it out he has a chance to be special. His numbers this year were awful.

*Banned*

Yeah. And the rest of the game wasn’t nearly like the first quarter. But holy crap the way the ball comes off his hand is like smooth football sex.

The Army-SDSU game was beautiful. Army had more first downs than SDSU had plays. Army had no answer for Rashaad Penny but the 'bone kept chewing up yards and time as it held the ball for over 40 minutes and kept Penny on the sideline. Very typical of wins by Army over an opponent with superior athletes. They made more dumb plays and our offense rarely got less than 3 yards on any play. I was driving home from Park City, great powder day despite the limited terrain, and had to pull over to watch the final few plays. What a treat! You people should actually have an alma mater that overachieves in football because it knows its limitations and then devises a system to maximize its strengths while limiting its weaknesses. Makes one downright proud to be an American!

What a season for my Black Knights. 10 wins, CIC Trophy, two straight over Navy and a Bowl Victory. Jeff Monken is a hell of a head coach.

BEAT NAVY!
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

I have a feeling Utah is going to lose today. All this talk that Utah doesn’t lose bowl games seems like will bite them today.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by CJF View Post
    I have a feeling Utah is going to lose today. All this talk that Utah doesn’t lose bowl games seems like will bite them today.
    I hope you are right, but the early signs point to you being quite wrong.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    I hope you are right, but the early signs point to you being quite wrong.
    Very, very, very wrong.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by CJF View Post
    Very, very, very wrong.
    Yup. WVU looks terrible. If it weren't for Huntley missing wide open receivers, it would be worse than it is.

WVU is really missing their QB (34 tds this year)

Dallas looks like a terrible place to be during Christmas (or anytime really). I hope Moliere and the other 500 Ute diehards in attendance are enjoying themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Dallas looks like a terrible place to be during Christmas (or anytime really). I hope Moliere and the other 500 Ute diehards in attendance are enjoying themselves.
    I was there for our Cotton Bowl victory in the 1997 and the weather was great. I'm pretty sure I wore shorts to the game.

Even the name of this bowl sucks! Zaxby's.

The only good thing on their menu is the birthday cake shake. Their chicken is garbage.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    The only good thing on their menu is the birthday cake shake. Their chicken is garbage.
    I don't know how they stay in business. Chik-fil-a is 100x better.

Typical woman that doesn’t know the difference between NRG stadium and the Cotton Bowl.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Yeah, I think the only Zaxby's in the "heart of dallas" went out of business.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Yeah, I think the only Zaxby's in the "heart of dallas" went out of business.
    They are going belly up in Utah too.

I don't know how they stay in business. Chik-fil-a is 100x better.
    But..., but..., but... they have Texas Toast!