No announcement yet.

The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time watching Virginia this year. I'm actually surprised that a Bronco led defense is struggling against the option. But they may have settled down some now. Also, Anae is forever Anae in his play calling.

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
      First time watching Virginia this year. I'm actually surprised that a Bronco led defense is struggling against the option. But they may have settled down some now. Also, Anae is forever Anae in his play calling.
      The defense has not settled down. I guess the defense needs the discipline of 24 year old returned missionaries to be successful.

Comment

Lol. UVA's kicker just attempted a 40 yard FG, which landed about a yard into the EZ, despite the fact that it was not blocked.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

There’s some really bad football being played on CBSSN right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Speaking of bad football, the PAC-12 has not had a good bowl season. They are officially the worst P5 conference right now. They will probably finish with only one bowl within and that was against a team that was missing their key offensive players.

Comment

Wait. And the SEC has two teams in the CFP..

Penn St. And Wisconsin need to win for the Big 10 to be considered the best conference this year..

Comment

lol at the p12
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  lol at the p12
                  1-8! That is nuts.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

While I was OK with not getting in, However, THIS bowl record proves the CFP Committee got it wrong.

How ironic they left the Big 10 Champion out of the CFP and allowed TWO SEC teams in where their conference is sitting at 1-3 in bowls right now.

I hope the ESPN analyst hold them accountable.. Make them answer for their decision..

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                      While I was OK with not getting in, However, THIS bowl record proves the CFP Committee got it wrong.

How ironic they left the Big 10 Champion out of the CFP and allowed TWO SEC teams in where their conference is sitting at 1-3 in bowls right now.

I hope the ESPN analyst hold them accountable.. Make them answer for their decision..

Ha. I knew I would find this argument on here. This bowl season proves the B10 likely was the best conference top to bottom in 2017. It does not prove that the conference possesses one of the best 4 teams in the country.

Comment

lol bro this makes no sense
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

AV: If we watch both SEC teams lose, I would say it does..

OG: It makes perfect sense to those intelligent enough to to comprehend it.. [emoji851]

Comment

The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

Ha. Trying to extrapolate anything about conferences from bowl games is a fool's errand. This tells us only how the SEC's teams ranked third or worse (actually, fourth or worse since auburn has yet to play) fared. It doesn't say a lick about whether the committee should have picked OSU over Bama.
                            Last edited by All-American; 12-31-2017, 05:08 AM.
                            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Not to belabor the point here, but bowl records mean almost nothing other than showing up and preparing for otherwise meaningless exhibition games. The B1G had its chance to get into the playoff and Wisconsin flopped. Ohio State never had a chance after that Iowa score. The B1G didn't show up in their important non exhibition games and that is why they aren't in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                                Ha. Trying to extrapolate anything about conferences from bowl games is a fool's errand.
                                I agree fully with this unless we are talking about BYU victory or a Ute loss in which case all of my extrapolations are logical and valid.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X