The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    It’s one thing to get looked off a couple steps so that you have to recover to force a good throw. It’s another to get looked off so hard that by the time the ball arrives and the WR has taken two steps, you are still [emoji817]% out of frame.

I agree. Tua sold that masterfully. The safety swallowed it HLS.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      Georgia fans are complaining about the blocked punt offsides call.

The problem is the angle that ESPN showed on the replay. The camera was a yard behind the LoS towards Alabama's side of the field. If it's straight down the line, the Georgia player likely went into the neutral zone.
      There was a pretty blatant false start on that 4th down, game tying TD.

Comment

Georgia fans are complaining about the blocked punt offsides call.

The problem is the angle that ESPN showed on the replay. The camera was a yard behind the LoS towards Alabama's side of the field. If it's straight down the line, the Georgia player likely went into the neutral zone.
        I don't know. Looked good to me.

Comment

• But we do get a nice crying Jordan meme.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
            I don't know. Looked good to me.

Think back to the Music City Miracle game. Wycheck's lateral looks like a forward pass because of the angle of the camera. That camera angle is not straight down the line so you can't tell where the Georgia player is in relation to the LoS.

But the refs also missed the false start which would have also negated the play.

The worse play was failing to call a false start on the 4th down TD
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Think back to the Music City Miracle game. Wycheck's lateral looks like a forward pass because of the angle of the camera. That camera angle is not straight down the line so you can't tell where the Georgia player is in relation to the LoS.

But the refs also missed the false start which would have also negated the play.

The worse play was failing to call a false start on the 4th down TD
              It may not be straight down the line, but its pretty close.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Lots of people I went to school with are upset about the UGA loss. Almost none of them actually attended UGA, mind you. This seems to be the general opinion of the officiating.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Hooray for Bama!

Comment

• I hereby move that the entire 2017 season be stricken from the record.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      It may not be straight down the line, but its pretty close.
                      In regulation with the normal angle above the field, they showed it from behind and he looked clearly offsides. If the camera is not straight down the line, you have no idea where he is in relation the ball. If the camera were a yard beyond the LoS on Georgia's side, he would look really offsides.

Regardless, if you're going to blame the refs for calling that wrong, then you have to point out the Alabama false start on the same play.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                        I hereby move that the entire 2017 season be stricken from the record.
                        Second!
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Losing teams always feel the officiating sucked. There was a blatant hold on one of Georgia’s TDs as well. If replay was Really about getting it right they would give each coach a certain number of challenges and let them challenge everything in the rules, penalties included. Instead it’s a fake band aid to create more commercial time.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            Losing teams always feel the officiating sucked. There was a blatant hold on one of Georgia’s TDs as well. If replay was Really about getting it right they would give each coach a certain number of challenges and let them challenge everything in the rules, penalties included. Instead it’s a fake band aid to create more commercial time.
                            It's that anti-SEC bias. Big 10 refs just can't help themselves.
                            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Watched half of the second quarter. Went to bed at halftime so I could get up at 530 for a run (NY resolutions and all that). I'm happy with my decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                                It's that anti-SEC bias. Big 10 refs just can't help themselves.
                                Yes. And with all that talent and arguably the best coach in NCAA football history, Bama has no choice but to rig the game.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X