No announcement yet.

The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the guy on Alabama going crazy on the sideline for and did he punch his coach? And I thought I saw him back in the game later. Is this normal for Alabama?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      What was the guy on Alabama going crazy on the sideline for and did he punch his coach? And I thought I saw him back in the game later. Is this normal for Alabama?
      That was crazy, and yes he was back in the game. Also, I swear I heard Herbstreit say "they'll send the police over, right?" after the swing at the coach.

Comment

• I think the NFL could learn something from those refs last night on instant replay though. Nothing longer than 30 seconds. Stayed with the call on the field if it was iffy.

Can this crew get an NFL game this weekend? There were missed calls both ways, but that happens all the time. I'm okay as long as the misses are equal.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
          That was crazy, and yes he was back in the game. Also, I swear I heard Herbstreit say "they'll send the police over, right?" after the swing at the coach.
          Just watched the clips. I think it was Fowler saying "They'll self-police over there, won't they?"

Can't believe he wasn't tossed for the sucker punch on the Georgia player. As an official I don't know how you see that and throw the flag but don't have the stones to make the ejection. Also can't believe the Alabama coaches let him back on the field after his behavior on the sideline. That is nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            Losing teams always feel the officiating sucked. There was a blatant hold on one of Georgia’s TDs as well. If replay was Really about getting it right they would give each coach a certain number of challenges and let them challenge everything in the rules, penalties included. Instead it’s a fake band aid to create more commercial time.
            You keep telling us that you're not that smart, and I think you're a liar.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

Yawn.. I saw enough of the highlights to see Bama once again get the calls or Non-calls to go their way.

And you can have players drop F-bombs about the President and swing at opposing players and coaches and still play.

Congrats to classy Bama. I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                Yawn.. I saw enough of the highlights to see Bama once again get the calls or Non-calls to go their way.

And you can have players drop F-bombs about the President and swing at opposing players and coaches and still play.

so yeah I agree with you and all but Urban and glass houses etc.
                Last edited by Omaha 680; 01-09-2018, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• My glass house is made of plexiglass.. And I can accept our faults while Bama and their fans are like the obnoxious Trust-Fund Brat who really just needs a good ass kicking.

I was sitting at my son’s indoor soccer practice last night and they had the pre-game going. I hear Herbie talk about how poor the SEC Conference did but these two teams are great and stating this isn’t about Conference.

The fuck it isn’t!! We hear adnauseam every year if the SEC Conference does well and the first time they are for shit we get that kind of talk!!

Excuses. Pathetic excuses.

Comment

• So...every player that Nick Saban has recruited at Alabama, that has stayed at Alabama, has won a National Championship.

That doesn't hurt the old recruiting pitch.

Comment

My glass house is made of plexiglass.. And I can accept our faults while Bama and their fans are like the obnoxious Trust-Fund Brat who really just needs a good ass kicking.

I was sitting at my son’s indoor soccer practice last night and they had the pre-game going. I hear Herbie talk about how poor the SEC Conference did but these two teams are great and stating this isn’t about Conference.

The fuck it isn’t!! We hear adnauseam every year if the SEC Conference does well and the first time they are for shit we get that kind of talk!!

Excuses. Pathetic excuses.

I love dabrockster.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

For you, buddy.

You will also take heart to know that the ratings for last night's game were huge. 4th highest rated game in CFB history.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I thought it was an awesome game. Felt sad for Georgia, but they couldn't get 'er done (except for that kicker with the thick glasses; kudos to him for choosing a look and sticking with it). Cool story about the Samoan back-up QB coming in and winning it. That TD pass he threw to tie it up was a lucky catch. Let's please get an 8-team playoff, or even better, 16 teams, so all those BIG people can STFU.

Again, very enjoyable game to watch.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              For you, buddy.

You will also take heart to know that the ratings for last night's game were huge. 4th highest rated game in CFB history.
                              Pffst.. I watched Ohio St. vs. Rutgers Wrestling Dual meet, Blue Jackets NHL hockey game.. I preemptively saved a few things to watch..

Oh, can you remind me which game is #1?

No need. I already know the answer.

Comment

Pffst.. I watched Ohio St. vs. Rutgers Wrestling Dual meet, Blue Jackets NHL hockey game.. I preemptively saved a few things to watch..

Oh, can you remind me which game is #1?

No need. I already know the answer.

ouch. sorry, brock. really was a great game.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X