• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Ha! He's from Idaho! You were way off!
    Dang ... lol

Comment

Where did Cannon come from?
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
        Idaho. Pay attention!

Comment

Well i was right in that was the best we have looked all year. Byu took it to them. We moved the ball really well. YO got the best of Manyang. Defensively we looked awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
            He was announced as a walkon transfer from weber state several months ago. Got clearance to play this year from ncaa just earlier today.

Comment

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Most fun I’ve had watching BYU basketball in a while. Lots of unselfish play and hustle.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

By all accounts UVU should be better this year but we blew them out at their place.

Comment

Really great game last night. Yoeli was amazing. New kid looked impressive.

Eli has been solid this year. Hey GM, you want to do that bet again?
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Really great game last night. Yoeli was amazing. New kid looked impressive.

Eli has been solid this year. Hey GM, you want to do that bet again?
                      I learned my lesson.

Probably my favorite aspect of last night's game (of many options) was when UVU tried to run the 1-3-1 late in the half. We did to them what SMC and GU do to us when we run it; move the ball and find the sharpshooter in the corner.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        I learned my lesson.

Probably my favorite aspect of last night's game (of many options) was when UVU tried to run the 1-3-1 late in the half. We did to them what SMC and GU do to us when we run it; move the ball and find the sharpshooter in the corner.
                        In the two games BYU lost, BYU was unable to hit the open shot. Now both of the teams that defeated BYU are better but the results would have been better if they had shot better. Hopefully, they continue to move the ball like last night.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                          By all accounts UVU should be better this year but we blew them out at their place.
                          Better than they were last year when they really were not very good?

UVU beat BYU in a game that resembled "HORSE" at the Marriott Center last year. I drove down for it with my kids and then drove home laughing about it, but the overreaction from people in the BYU fanbase was laughable. The legitimate aspect to be irritated about was the fact that the game was "HORSE" and not basketball. Holy Hell, at least a "Psyche Out" from Baseketball would have been more effort than how BYU played that game. That game did not show that Dave Rose missed on Isaac Neilson or Connor Toolsen or anyone else. It showed that BYU played horrendous defense and UVU was hotter than Princeton was in the opening game, who also was basically playing "HORSE" against BYU.

Last night with the early run and emotion BYU likely outplayed UVU by more than they normally would. BYU is probably a solid bubble team and UVU is probably a 85-100 college hoop team. Here is to hoping that the "continuity offense" heralds in an era of continuity and BYU can build for the next two years rather than 4 kids, with at least one of them being a key contributor, transferring out after this year. If Rose can keep this group intact and improving, and Emery comes back, the next two years could be really fun.
                          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                            Better than they were last year when they really were not very good?

UVU beat BYU in a game that resembled "HORSE" at the Marriott Center last year. I drove down for it with my kids and then drove home laughing about it, but the overreaction from people in the BYU fanbase was laughable. The legitimate aspect to be irritated about was the fact that the game was "HORSE" and not basketball. Holy Hell, at least a "Psyche Out" from Baseketball would have been more effort than how BYU played that game. That game did not show that Dave Rose missed on Isaac Neilson or Connor Toolsen or anyone else. It showed that BYU played horrendous defense and UVU was hotter than Princeton was in the opening game, who also was basically playing "HORSE" against BYU.

Last night with the early run and emotion BYU likely outplayed UVU by more than they normally would. BYU is probably a solid bubble team and UVU is probably a 85-100 college hoop team. Here is to hoping that the "continuity offense" heralds in an era of continuity and BYU can build for the next two years rather than 4 kids, with at least one of them being a key contributor, transferring out after this year. If Rose can keep this group intact and improving, and Emery comes back, the next two years could be really fun.
                            Good post. I agree with all your points.

Comment

Working...
                            X