No announcement yet.

2017 Coaching Carousel Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting the Mullet out of OK St. would be a coup. I doubt it happens. That said, if it does happen Vol fans will owe Clay Travis a debt of gratitude. Greg Shiano would have been a shitty hire.
    Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 11-28-2017, 12:17 PM.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      Getting the Mullet out of OK St. would be a coup. I doubt it happens. That said, if it does happen Vol fans will owe Clay Travis a debt of gratitude. Greg Shiano would have been a shitty hire.
      I don't believe Clay Travis and the UT fans have forever poisoned the well as many windbags on national radio are saying. On the contrary, after a horrible coach and a near-death experience with Schiano, a halfway decent pick would probably be received as a savior on campus.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I don't believe Clay Travis and the UT fans have forever poisoned the well as many windbags on national radio are saying. On the contrary, after a horrible coach and a near-death experience with Schiano, a halfway decent pick would probably be received as a savior on campus.
        I'm sure the admin are willing to pay alot more because of the debacle.

Comment

They should give Peyton Manning a call.
          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
            Did he even win the Heisman?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

What could go wrong?
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

What could go wrong?
                Nothing good for Tennessee, but I’d enjoy watching another school eating their own. I’d love to see what they’d paint on the rock with a Manning hire.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Looks like they might get Gundy. thatd be interesting

Comment

The "poisoning the well" argument is usually pure bullshit. The 49ers stupidly fired Jim Harbaugh, then compounded that by retaining their idiotic GM. I don't even know if the next two head coaches, each one only lasted a year, were necessarily horrible hires. But at the end of the year there was all kind of discussion about how they wouldn't be able find someone to coach the team. They ended up hiring the most sought-after assistant last year, Kyle Shanahan. The fact that the 49ers are now 1-10 is beside the point. There are guys falling all over themselves to get a head coaching job at a place like Tennessee. It's not Alabama, but it's in the second tier after those schools (USC, Ohio State, Florida, etc). I'd say it's on par with a place like Georgia.

As someone who's a pure outsider to the SEC and Tennessee, Greg Schiano seemed to be an extremely underwhelming hire. Plus, by all accounts, the guy's a complete asshole and I'm not even talking about his time at Penn State.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

The "poisoning the well" argument is usually pure bullshit. The 49ers stupidly fired Jim Harbaugh, then compounded that by retaining their idiotic GM. I don't even know if the next two head coaches, each one only lasted a year, were necessarily horrible hires. But at the end of the year there was all kind of discussion about how they wouldn't be able find someone to coach the team. They ended up hiring the most sought-after assistant last year, Kyle Shanahan. The fact that the 49ers are now 1-10 is beside the point. There are guys falling all over themselves to get a head coaching job at a place like Tennessee. It's not Alabama, but it's in the second tier after those schools (USC, Ohio State, Florida, etc). I'd say it's on par with a place like Georgia.

As someone who's a pure outsider to the SEC and Tennessee, Greg Schiano seemed to be an extremely underwhelming hire. Plus, by all accounts, the guy's a complete asshole and I'm not even talking about his time at Penn State.
                      Yeah, it sounds like he was a train wreck at Tampa Bay.

Comment

A lot of times that’s a positive characteristic in coaching college football.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

No matter how bad the coaching situation in Provo is, BYU fans can take solace in the fact that we are not ASU fans.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              No matter how bad the coaching situation in Provo is, BYU fans can take solace in the fact that we are not ASU fans.
                              Yes! Herm has one of my top 5 coaching rants of all time. Playoffs?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                                Yes! Herm has one of my top 5 coaching rants of all time. Playoffs?!?
                                That was Mora, Sr.

Hello?! You play. To win. The game.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X