2017 Coaching Carousel Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    At some point, he's going to do the math and see that he can get a big contract at a big school, work for a few years, and then take the money when he gets fired; or he can continue to work at Utah for another 10 years and make the same amount of money. When he realizes he can make the same money for less work before retiring, he'll take that job and it will be his last.
    I think you guys overestimate Kyle's worth on the free market. He makes $3.6 million according to Utah's public salary reports. If he is a candidate for a "big school" how much more is he going to make? Chip K just signed a 5-year contract at $4.5 million per year. Three questions: Do you think Kyle was a candidate for the UCLA job (I doubt it); would UCLA have paid as much for Kyle (no); and assuming the answer is yes to the first two questions, is the $1 million a year bump worth the added stress of the UCLA job/the loss in job security he currently enjoys? I think Kyle has done the math.

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
      I think you guys overestimate Kyle's worth on the free market. He makes $3.6 million according to Utah's public salary reports. If he is a candidate for a "big school" how much more is he going to make? Chip K just signed a 5-year contract at $4.5 million per year. Three questions: Do you think Kyle was a candidate for the UCLA job (I doubt it); would UCLA have paid as much for Kyle (no); and assuming the answer is yes to the first two questions, is the $1 million a year bump worth the added stress of the UCLA job/the loss in job security he currently enjoys? I think Kyle has done the math.
      I agree that Utah is overpaying KWhitt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Bunch a rUbes.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Exactly. But it's not my tax dollars, so who cares?

Comment

2017 Coaching Carousel Thread

Exactly. But it's not my tax dollars, so who cares?
            Mine either

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Those public reports often include total comp, including benefits, bonuses, etc. I doubt We are comparing apples to apples here.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Mine either

Yes, but your tax dollars are paying Kevin Sumlin $10 million dollars to not coach at aTm.

Comment

Yes, but your tax dollars are paying Kevin Sumlin $10 million dollars to not coach at aTm.
                  Not really. Maybe, possibly semi-indirectly.

Comment

Those public reports often include total comp, including benefits, bonuses, etc. I doubt We are comparing apples to apples here.
                    Good point. Plus I wonder if the endorsement contract potential is similar between Utah and UCLA?
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        Good point. Plus I wonder if the endorsement contract potential is similar between Utah and UCLA?
                        You are probably right. But the larger point remains that Kyle is not going to make a TON more money at another job. I think he's weighed the pros and cons of the Utah job and has generally liked what he sees. The part of me that I don't like wants Kyle to take another job somewhere and kill it, just so those loudmouths calling for him to be fired after losing to #13 UW on the road by 3 points can really have something painful to tweet about.

Pros: snowmobiling!
                        Cons: Lack of world class athletes on which to form a recruiting base.

Pretty easy call, imo.

Comment

Not really. Maybe, possibly semi-indirectly.

Aren't you an accountant? Didn't the BYU ACCOUNTING SCHOOL teach you that money = fungible?

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            How much are those "Kidney Kar" people paying Kyle now days? Haven't seen him on any other advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              How much are those "Kidney Kar" people paying Kyle now days? Haven't seen him on any other advertising.
                              He has less visible income streams.

For example, he wrote the forward to this best-seller, the royalties from which he probably clears 10g a month:

weddle.jpg

Comment

It’s been awhile since the college football world has tracked flights. Glad to see it back, even if just for a short while.

Comment

Working...
                                X