2017 Coaching Carousel Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJF View Post
    Nothing good for Tennessee, but I’d enjoy watching another school eating their own. I’d love to see what they’d paint on the rock with a Manning hire.
    50 omaha set hut

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
      That was Mora, Sr.

Hello?! You play. To win. The game.
      dammit. I like the play to win one as well. Just not as much as playoffs.

Comment

Why no love for

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
          Why no love for

Solid rant.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
            A lot of times that’s a positive characteristic in coaching college football.
            Exhibit A: Nick Saban
            Exhibit B: Urban Meyer

Let's be honest here, the majority of good coaches in college football are fucking assholes.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                Exhibit A: Nick Saban
                Exhibit B: Urban Meyer

Let's be honest here, the majority of good coaches in college football are fucking assholes.
                There's different types of assholes. Saban and Meyer's players have never openly mutinied against them. I also can't recall too many coaches trying this move (Schiano did this twice)):

Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Isn't Tee Martin a pretty good assistant coach somewhere? He'd go back to Tennessee for the head job.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    Isn't Tee Martin a pretty good assistant coach somewhere? He'd go back to Tennessee for the head job.
                    USC OC. Yeah he would take that job.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      USC OC. Yeah he would take that job.
                      Didn't remember that it was OC at USC. Seems like a no brainer for the Vols after the struggle they've had finding somebody.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        Didn't remember that it was OC at USC. Seems like a no brainer for the Vols after the struggle they've had finding somebody.
                        Yeah it seems like if you are a traditional power with all the resources and fan support you need who fired a loyal, successful coach to avoid a slide into mediocrity, only to discover that the Nick Sabans of the world aren't beating down the door to coach your team so you run through several truly mediocre coaches and really drop off the map as far as national relevance and then you have a chance to hire a really quality coach who isn't urban Myer or Jon Gruden but is very good by all accounts and also has the built in loyalty of having played and won a national championship the program, you should probably do everything you can to hire that coach.

This all sounds so familiar...

Comment

Mike leach to Tennessee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Supposedly Mike Leach and Tennessee are working on a deal. That's a huge improvement over Greg Schiano if it happens.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              Supposedly Mike Leach and Tennessee are working on a deal. That's a huge improvement over Greg Schiano if it happens.
                              But..but...but... nobody will ever want the Tennessee job now!
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

nooooooooo
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X