No announcement yet.

Thanksgiving 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

always hated turkey until we started smoking them a few years ago. now i can’t wait for it.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

also, to all of you fone fellow folks having thanksgiving with your in laws, the collective starts at 4
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving! I don’t post often, but today is a day to count our blessings and fatten ourselves up.

Comment

Both of our parents are out of town so we did a traditional dinner yesterday with just the 6 of us. Roasted a turkey this year -turned out great after brining for 24h. We’re spending the rest of the weekend avoiding rocks while skiing at Snowbird.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            It just my wife and I and 4 kids this year. We are going all out and doing the full feast and my kids MIGHT touch 5% of the food. Oh well. I enjoy it.
            The 2 pickiest eaters ate the turkey! Success!

Comment

HTG, everyone. I'm sitting on the couch with a full belly. We had thanksgiving with just our kids. We've been married about 15 years and this is only the second time we haven't spent the day with one of our parents. We also did a bunch of Christmas decorating but I was able to avoid most of that so it's been a good day.
              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

CE256F8B-3195-4D39-BDBF-9BD886C19DB0.jpg

Brined overnight and smoked this morning. My cook time on the smoker is always quicker than what is online. I might have cooked it longer than what I wanted, but I think brining covers a multitude of cooking sins.

It was a nice thanksgiving. We had my brother and his family, and our oldest and her boyfriend. We were only missing our second daughter who was at her boyfriend’s home in Montana. Pretty low key and quiet.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  I am so not the chef, I don't even know what that is. Enlighten me.
                  This video can help enlighten you:

https://youtu.be/IP3qh6Qym40

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

We had pie for breakfast and Frito boats for dinner last night. All excellent. Got back to camping for thanksgiving for us this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X