Thanksgiving 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving 2017

Best wishes to all this thanksgiving. May the day be pleasant and may your blessings be bountiful.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Best wishes to all this thanksgiving. May the day be pleasant and may your blessings be bountiful.
    Amen, amen, and amen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving CSers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Have a great one!

By the way, for the first time in my life, that I remember, my wife is preparing a Thanksgiving feast without any pre-made food.

The stuffing includes dried bread that she cut up, home made brine, and home-made cranberry sauce. In my prior lives, all of that stuff came out of a box or can. I didn't know people made this stuff from scratch. No store bought crusts. I am allowed to carry things from here to there, as my contributions are very minimal.
          Last edited by Topper; 11-23-2017, 05:47 AM.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I am so not the chef, I don't even know what that is. Enlighten me.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                I am so not the chef, I don't even know what that is. Enlighten me.
                I’m frying the turkey. 3.5 gallons of peanut oil at 350 degrees. Highly recommend anyone try it sometime. I did it for the first time three years ago and I doubt we’ll ever cook the turkey differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  I’m frying the turkey. 3.5 gallons of peanut oil at 350 degrees. Highly recommend anyone try it sometime. I did it for the first time three years ago and I doubt we’ll ever cook the turkey differently.

Does the peanut oil leave any residual flavor?

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    Does the peanut oil leave any residual flavor?
                    The whole turkey tastes like peanut butter. It makes sort of a dessert bird. Goes great with ice cream and chocolate gravy.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I'm thankful for my family and pie. Four kinds today. Marion Berry, Coconut Cream, Pumpkin, and Lemon. If that's not enough cheesecake is available too, but it's the lousy Costco cheesecake.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

It just my wife and I and 4 kids this year. We are going all out and doing the full feast and my kids MIGHT touch 5% of the food. Oh well. I enjoy it.

Comment

peanut oil?
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I am roasting mine in a bag in the oven. Apple almond stuffing. Homemade rolls. Mmmm.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                              X