Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC, heal thyself

Originally posted by snowcat View Post
    Roy Moore can have his own thread, but everyone else is stuck with this one.
    Moore doesn’t belong in this thread. He’s not an actor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Moore doesn’t belong in this thread. He’s not an actor
    His name shows up in the sex offender database of Hollywood...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1624037/
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Bill Clinton: A Reckoning

The party needs to come to terms with the fact that it was so enraptured by their brilliant, Big Dog president and his stunning string of progressive accomplishments that it abandoned some of its central principles. The party was on the wrong side of history, and there are consequences for that. Yet expedience is not the only reason to make this public accounting. If it is possible for politics and moral behavior to coexist, then this grave wrong needs to be acknowledged. If Weinstein and Mark Halperin and Louis C. K. and all the rest can be held accountable, so can our former president and so can his party, which so many Americans so desperately need to rise again.
      Last edited by SteelBlue; 11-14-2017, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I was half expecting to see a Congress Heal Thyself thread after reading CNN's article on sexual harassment on Capitol Hill.

If a similar backlash were to make standing politicians resign, I wonder how it would affect the balance of power.

Edit: So which party has more members on the "Creep List"? The article said it was particularly a problem with those politicians who slept in their offices.
        Last edited by Bo Diddley; 11-14-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Yet another article calling for a re-analysis of Bill Clinton:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...insky-resigned

Bill Clinton should have resigned
          What he did to Monica Lewinsky was wrong, and he should have paid the price.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Al Franken. You're the next contestant.

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Al Franken. You're the next contestant.

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                What a disgusting piece of sh*t!... I expect every senator to demand that he step down immediately.

"He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth," she wrote.

"I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time."

She said she felt disgusted and violated. She added that she didn't tell anyone what happened at the time, but she was "angry."
                http://thehill.com/homenews/news/360...ithout-consent

But Franken doesn't remember and said the photo wasn't funny... So it is all good.

Franken said he does not remember the incident the same way but acknowledged the photo "wasn't" funny.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  But Franken doesn't remember and said the photo wasn't funny... So it is all good.
                  Ah, the old "I don't remember that" defense. I wonder if he'll throw in some "hey, I was drinking" for emphasis.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Ah, the old "I don't remember that" defense. I wonder if he'll throw in some "hey, I was drinking" for emphasis.
                    He should just go for the trifecta and say he's also gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      He should just go for the trifecta and say he's also gay.
                      I always thought he was gay.

Comment

To be fair, he didn't say he didn't remember the encounter, he just said he remembered it differently than the Accuser

Comment

She was clearly asking for it, and had been since she posed for FHM in 2004.

http://img2.bdbphotos.com/images/ori...z.jpg?djet1p5k

(I purposely did not embed the photo so it doesn't come up on tapatalk forums home page.)
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

she’s really gone downhill and now hosts poker after dark
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              she’s really gone downhill and now hosts poker after dark
                              attacking the victim is not cool bro
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X