Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Don't go, Al!"

Franken urged to reverse his resignation
    The demands from Democrats that he step down were 'the most hypocritical thing I’ve ever seen done to a human being,' Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) says.

At least four senators are urging Al Franken to reconsider resigning, including two who issued statements calling for the resignation two weeks ago and said they now feel remorse over what they feel was a rush to judgment.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), who urged Franken not to step down to begin with — at least not before he went through an Ethics Committee investigation — said the Minnesota senator was railroaded by fellow Democrats.

“What they did to Al was atrocious, the Democrats,” said West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin in an interview for POLITICO’s Off Message podcast to post on Tuesday. Subscribe here.

Franken's unusual timeline — in his departure announcement he said he’d go “in the coming weeks,” without setting a date — has fed the fleeting hopes that there’s still time to reverse course. However, Tina Smith, Minnesota's Democratic lieutenant governor, was named last week as his appointed successor.
    [...]
    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...300843?cid=apn
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Yeah, because Judge Roy Moore lost.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Yeah, because Judge Roy Moore lost.
        He needs to resign and not try to justify his behavior as less egregious than Mooore’s.

Comment

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

oh brother
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

smh
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                The emoji next to the heart - is that the Bill Clinton penis emoji?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  The emoji next to the heart - is that the Bill Clinton penis emoji?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  #peyronie’s
                  "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                    #peyronie’s
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

Man, this could make for a good "made for tv" movie... affairs with 'thousands of women':

Linda Tripp reveals Bill Clinton had affairs with 'thousands of women' – including a SECOND White House staffer – and Monica Lewinsky's life was in danger

• One-time Monica Lewinsky friend gives rare radio interview, says Hillary Clinton knew her husband had multiple affairs during presidency
                      • Tripp, who secretly taped Lewinsky's phone calls and exposed them, says then-president had serial affairs that included 'thousands of women'
                      • Tripp also claims Hillary Clinton tried to destroy women with whom he had affairs, says she went public to save Lewinsky from danger

The woman who exposed Bill Clinton's affair with former White House intern Monica Lewinsky, leading to his impeachment by the House in 1998, went public with a radio interview on Sunday harshly critical of both Clintons during his eight-year presidency.

Linda Tripp, the one-time confidante of Lewinsky who secretly taped her phone conversations and turned them over to a federal prosecutor, said the former president had affairs with 'thousands' of women - and that the former first lady knew about them.

Tripp also said she went public about the Lewinsky-Clinton affair to save her life, as she was worried at the time that she was in danger.

Tripp made the comments in an interview with investigative radio reporter Aaron Klein on Sunday. In the interview, she also said the president had an ongoing affair with another staffer at the same as Lewinsky.

The former first lady not only knew about her husband's misbehavior, 'She made it her personal mission to disseminate information and destroy the women with whom he dallied,' Tripp said.

Tripp said Clinton is inappropriately presenting herself as 'a champion of women’s rights worldwide in a global fashion, and yet all of the women she has destroyed over the years to ensure her political viability continues is sickening to me.'
                      [...]
                      'I say today and I will continue to say that I believe Monica Lewinsky is alive today because of choices I made and action I took,' Tripp told Klein.

'That may sound melodramatic to your listeners. I can only say that from my perspective I believe that she and I at the time were in danger, because nothing stands in the way of these people achieving their political ends.'
                      [...]
                      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...olved-him.html

Holy crap... Jim Carrey and Jamie Foxx were right about Bill!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Hillary Clinton Chose to Shield a Top Adviser Accused of Harassment in 2008

A senior adviser to Hillary Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign who was accused of repeatedly sexually harassing a young subordinate was kept on the campaign at Mrs. Clinton’s request, according to four people familiar with what took place.

Mrs. Clinton’s campaign manager at the time recommended that she fire the adviser, Burns Strider. But Mrs. Clinton did not. Instead, Mr. Strider was docked several weeks of pay and ordered to undergo counseling, and the young woman was moved to a new job.
                        [...]
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/26/u...t-in-2008.html

I would have never guessed.

I hope she runs again in 2020!
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Jim Jordan is coming under scrutiny for ignoring abuse as an assistant wrestling coach, but so far Trump and Jordan's GOP colleagues have circled the wagons. Also Ted can blame the nebulous Deep State.

Jim Jordan Is Defiant as Allegations Mount, and Supporters Point to ‘Deep State’

Representative Jim Jordan is facing the kind of slowly percolating scandal that would bring down other politicians in other times, as new accusers step forward by the day to say the wrestling coach turned politician was aware of sexual misconduct at Ohio State University but did nothing to stop it.

But like the man Mr. Jordan doggedly supports, President Trump, the Ohio Republican has the kind of stalwart supporters who do not lose faith easily, and they are already defending the conservative powerhouse, saying he is the victim of the same “deep state” conspirators — liberal bureaucrats embedded in the government — who are trying to bring down the president.

Mr. Jordan, a 54-year-old congressman in his sixth term, was defiant Friday night on Fox News, in his first extended response to the emerging charges. He disparaged some of the former college wrestlers who have come forward to say he knew of allegations that the team doctor, Richard H. Strauss, had fondled them. He said he could not explain why other more friendly wrestlers had leveled similar charges.

When the show’s host, Bret Baier, read a quotation by a former Ohio State wrestler and Ultimate Fighting Championship star, Mark Coleman, that Mr. Jordan would have to have dementia to have forgotten what happened, the congressman offered little explanation.

“I feel sorry for him,” he said of Mr. Coleman. “It’s just not accurate.”

Instead, Mr. Jordan continued to fan conspiracy theories connecting the emergence of the charges to his aggressive questioning last month of Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, the man many Trump supporters hold responsible for the Russia investigation.

“I think the timing is suspect when you think about how this whole story came together after the Rosenstein hearing and the speaker’s race,” he said.

Next week will be another big moment for Mr. Jordan: He will be front and center in joint House hearings with the F.B.I. agent Peter Strzok, the man in the middle of what some see as the federal law-enforcement plot to take down Mr. Trump.

Ahead of that moment, the president weighed in with his unqualified support. “Jim Jordan is one of the most outstanding people I’ve met since I’ve been in Washington,” Mr. Trump told reporters on Thursday. “I believe him 100 percent. No question in my mind.”

Mr. Jordan served as an assistant coach on the Ohio State wrestling team in the late 1980s and early 1990s, during which time Dr. Strauss is accused of showering with athletes and touching them inappropriately. The university announced in April that it had begun investigating the allegations against the doctor, who killed himself in 2005.

Mr. Coleman and four other wrestlers have now said that Mr. Jordan was aware of the abuse but did nothing to stop it. Another former Ohio State wrestler, Mike Schyck, said in an interview on Friday that he and other former team members planned to “collectively say some things together,” adding that the scandal is not about Mr. Jordan.

But even as more wrestlers step forward, Mr. Jordan’s base has mounted a defense. The conservative news media has questioned the motives and truthfulness of his accusers.

One of those accusers, Mike DiSabato, scoffed at suggestions that his motivation in calling out Mr. Jordan was political or part of a personal vendetta.

“There were two choices for Jim when he was asked about this situation: He could have told the truth that he saw it, he was there, he was in the showers and saunas with us,” Mr. DiSabato said. “He could have told the truth and stood with us, or he could have played politics.”

Mr. DiSabato said he was saddened by the congressman’s response.

“I’m sorry, I love Jim Jordan, but he doesn’t get to call me a liar to the entire world,” Mr. DiSabato said. “He doesn’t get to call the victims of systemic sexual abuse liars. He doesn’t get to act like he wasn’t in the sauna with us every day being subject to voyeurism.”

The allegations have cast a cloud over the congressman at a time when he is ascendant. Mr. Jordan has emerged as one of the president’s staunchest defenders, helping to lead a Republican counterinvestigation of F.B.I. and Justice Department officials who are looking into potential connections between the Trump campaign and Russian election interference. A founder of the House Freedom Caucus, Mr. Jordan has also been floated as a possible successor to Speaker Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin, who has announced he will retire at the end of the year.
                          Some of his backers have suggested that Mr. Jordan’s accusers are also part of a “deep state” conspiracy to derail his political future.

“Jim Jordan goes against the powerful interests at the F.B.I. & deep state to expose them & hold them accountable for their crimes,” tweeted Mike Tokes, a founder of The New Right, a conservative political organization. “Now all of a sudden there is a concentrated smear campaign against him in a deliberate attempt to discredit his work? The American people know better.”

His supporters have tried to amass evidence of that conspiracy. One of the leading talking points, which Mr. Jordan referenced on Friday night, is the choice of the investigative law firm retained by Ohio State in the Strauss matter. The firm, Perkins Coie, worked for Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee, and helped to pay for a dossier of unconfirmed accusations linking the Trump campaign to Russian intelligence.

The Daily Caller has also encouraged its readers to question the accusers’ motivation and scrutinized their “sketchy history,” reporting that one of the accusers served an 18-month jail sentence for a fraud scheme.

Comment

I knew it!...

50ou0529hzs11.jpg

That SoB pedaphile is actually a GOP'er!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Congress just overhauled the Congressional Accountability Act.

The bill allows staffers access to a confidential adviser who is an attorney and able to offer technical assistance, advice and guidance, but not legal representation. The House earlier this year passed a separate resolution giving their own staffers access to House counsel, an extra protection not included in the final bill.

It also requires public reporting of settlements, including identifying lawmakers who are personally liable, and extends protections to interns, fellows and other staff.

Comment

Slick Willy's pedophile buddy is back in jail...

Christine Pelosi warns it's 'quite likely that some of our faves are implicated' in 'horrific' Epstein case

Christine Pelosi, a Democratic National Committee official and daughter of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, warned conspicuously on Saturday evening that it is "quite likely that some of our faves are implicated" in the "horrific" sex-trafficking case against politically connected financier Jeffrey Epstein.

Epstein is due in court following his sudden arrest Saturday in New York on new sex-trafficking charges involving allegations dating to the early 2000s, according to law enforcement officials. He has been accused of paying underage girls for massages and sexually abusing them at his mansion in Palm Beach, Fla., and in New York City. His 72-acre private estate on the Virgin Islands, a home said to be nicknamed "Orgy Island," also has been under scrutiny.
                                [...]

It was unclear exactly to whom Pelosi was referring, but Epstein has long been connected with high-profile figures, including Britain's Prince Andrew and former President Bill Clinton. Court documents obtained by Fox News in 2016 showed that Clinton took at least 26 trips flying aboard Epstein's private jet, known as the "Lolita Express," and apparently ditched his Secret Service detail on some of the excursions. Records showed that President Trump may have flown on the jet at least once.

The president previously called attention to Clinton's dealings with the financier.

"Nice guy -- uh, got a lot of problems coming up, in my opinion, with the famous island, with Jeffrey Epstein," Trump told Fox News' Sean Hannity in 2015, referring to Clinton's connections with Epstein. "A lot of problems."
                                However, Trump's legal team more recently has denied the two were friends.

Trump banned Epstein from his Mar-a-Lago estate “because Epstein sexually assaulted an underage girl at the club,” according to court documents filed by Bradley Edwards, the lawyer who has represented several Epstein accusers. That claim has not been confirmed by Trump or Mar-a-Lago.
                                [...]
                                https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chr...ves-implicated
                                Last edited by Uncle Ted; 07-07-2019, 08:09 PM.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X