BYU Glass Half Full Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU Glass Half Full Thread

There is sadly a lot of negativism from various nattering nabobs concerning BYU sports these days. My bishop, who is a mid-level friend, and a pretty good guy when he isn't driving much of the ward crazy in his attempts to be a bishop, can barely stand to speak to me these days. This morning at church, he just walked by me shaking his head, and I thought, "Well, there's one good thing. The bishop has less reason to stop and talk to me." Maybe I can even get away with skipping tithing settlement this year, as it would dredge up too many painful memories for him.

Anyway, there was one very awesome talk today in sacrament meeting, in which the speaker slammed on PAC, so I listened with enjoyment to that, but there was also a talk by one of the full time missionaries, and by a High Council member. So all in all I had quite a bit of time to ruminate and think of things other than what was going on in front of my face. I spent some of this time thinking of positive things about BYU sports this year. I only had like 30 minutes, so I only thought of two things, but I am sure that we can think of many more. I feel it will be cathartic, and a positive affirmation of our shared sports tribalism.

Or possibly this will be the only post in the thread. But I don't care about that. I am not going to be so afraid of Donut's and the Dude's censure that I am going to start my post about a friggin' two ton animal falling on top of me by first apologizing that I couldn't find the "OFFICIAL Flying Livestock Thread" or some such.

Anyway, here are my two positive things I thought of.

1. LaVell did not live to see this season. Plus he is probably currently so busy with new deity orientation or something that he isn't really paying much attention to it. So that's a plus.
    2. DVR space has really not been an issue lately. Usually, I have a couple dozen BYU games sitting there, just in case I want to re-watch that thumping of Wagner somewhere down the road. This year, every game, even the victories, has been deleted immediately after watching. So now I have a lot more space for those Premier League games that I am totally going to get around to watching.

I am sure that there are a lot of things that I am missing, and look forward to many reminders of what an awesome time this is to be a BYU fan.

We can sew!

Comment

No gang rape arrests.
      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Traffic wasn't a problem the last two home games. Plenty of leg room too.

Comment

no jake heaps highlight from the utah game
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

In at least one of the infinite dimensions out there, BYU actually has a winning season.

Comment

Utah also sucks

Comment

1. In the grand scheme of things, sports are not important
                2. BYU is still a wonderful institution
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Only one more football game!
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

UCLA's HC, Jim Mora, just got fired. With $12 million in his pocket, and experience in "rebuilding" seasons, maybe he'd be willing to throw some pro bono assistance our way. Maybe.

Comment

Will will be better next year than we are this year. To what degree I do not know.

Comment

Jaren Hall is coming (back) to town to turn this thing around!
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

1) by is the best bargain around

2) Student body has athletics as 5th priority

3) I now have more money to spend on golf.

Comment

BYU's football and other athletics sucking means we can place new emphasis on academics.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                            X