Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas 2017

Happy holidays to all.

Question/request for advice as shopping season approaches. Our DVD player has outlived its useful life and we will be in the market for its replacement this holiday season. We are set on getting at least a blu-Ray quality player, but if we are getting that we are not above spending the incremental amount more to get a game system that will play blu-rays.

Can anybody report on how their system has worked and whether they would recommend theirs?
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

ps4 good
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Christmas 2017 or Christmas 2009?

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
        Happy holidays to all.

Question/request for advice as shopping season approaches. Our DVD player has outlived its useful life and we will be in the market for its replacement this holiday season. We are set on getting at least a blu-Ray quality player, but if we are getting that we are not above spending the incremental amount more to get a game system that will play blu-rays.

Can anybody report on how their system has worked and whether they would recommend theirs?
        We got an Xbox One a couple years ago. We wondered about having a game system that might conceivably not be a great Blu-Ray player. But it's works just fine. I'd recommend it, especially if you're going to cut the cable cord and subscribe to online services. It does a pretty good job of that also. But since that last Christmas, it's basically become an expensive Netflix/Amazon Prime/Youtube viewer. No one in my family plays Xbox games or watches Blu-ray discs anymore
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

We have video game consoles, but those are set up in a game room. In our family room we haven’t even had a DVD player for almost 2 years since it stopped working. The PS4 works well, but I’ve been shocked how we haven’t missed having a DVD player at all.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

convert your home collection of movies/videos/etc to digital and run a plex server.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Christmas 2017 or Christmas 2009?
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                We have video game consoles, but those are set up in a game room. In our family room we haven’t even had a DVD player for almost 2 years since it stopped working. The PS4 works well, but I’ve been shocked how we haven’t missed having a DVD player at all.
                We still have a functioning blu-ray player, but it rarely gets used. No gaming systems, but my wife is talking about getting a system with Mario Kart for Christmas "for the kids ".

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

We have a Sony BDP-S6500 Blue-ray player. While it's fine for playing recorded movies, we use it mostly for watching YouTube and Netflix. I feel that it's an amazingly poor design for watching stuff off of the internet. We'll often have to reset the thing by pulling power from it for five seconds, then it doesn't want to reconnect to WiFi right away. This one product has totally changed my opinion of Sony, from good to not so good.

You're probably better off getting a system that you can also play games on.

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                    Happy holidays to all.

I have the xbox one s that I'll be upgrading to the Xbox One X, which is the current high performing system with full 4K gaming support. It will play blu-rays, but I've all but switched to 100% streaming media. I guess the big question is 'what kind of games do you like?' since all the systems (minus the Switch) will play blu rays just fine.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

https://www.target.com/p/xbox-one-s-...50#lnk=sametab

with 25 dollar gift card puts it at 165

Comment

Merry Christmas! Just finished with presents. Time to hit the hay.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I’ll be up for several more hours. Idiocy doesn’t recognize the Christmas holiday.
                            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Screw the kids... I'm getting what I want this year...

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-env...ne---34-b025xt

Merry Christmas Everyone!

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                              X