X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welp, it looks like McConnell has changed his opinion on Moore:

McConnell abruptly reverses call for Roy Moore to step aside from election
    He parroted Trump's call to "let the people of Alabama decide."

Backing away from his previous concerns about sexual misconduct allegations against Alabama senate candidate Roy Moore, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) reversed course in a Sunday interview saying Moore should stay in the race so that voters can decide his fate.

“We’re going to let the people of Alabama decide a week from Tuesday who they want to send to the Senate,” McConnell told George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s This Week. McConnell’s stance echoed the wishy-washy language expressed by President Donald Trump, who has refused to condemn Moore for the multiple allegations of sexual abuse leveled against him.

McConnell notably refused to respond to Stephanopoulos’ question as to whether he thought Moore should be in the Senate, again deferring to the voters. He likewise refused to say whether he would make any recommendations to the Senate Ethics Committee should Moore be elected. “Ultimately it will be up to them to make that decision,” he said.

https://thinkprogress.org/mcconnell-...-6ae194afafbd/

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Does that look like the face of someone who hits on teenage girls?
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          Looks like Moore is ahead in the polls again. Stay classy Alabama GOP!

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...oy_moor_1.html

‘We’ve already lost’ — GOP takes stock of the nightmare unfolding in Alabama

The Alabama Senate race is days away, but already, top Republicans are admitting defeat.
          [...]
          http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...187430863.html

The GOP should just stop wasting their money... Moore is doomed.

Write in Ron Bishop!
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Even more hard evidence comes out that Moore is lying when he claimed he doesn't know these women. Pretty shameful how these women have been attacked.

Uncle Ted, are you still claiming that the signature (plural now I guess) is forged and that this is some conspiracy?

Ben Shapiro:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/24325/...ks-ben-shapiro

But here’s the bottom line. Now that the Republican Party has embraced Moore foursquare — now that President Trump has endorsed him, now that the Republican National Committee is openly campaigning for him — can Republican Moore voters stand so little cognitive dissonance that they must whitewash in particularly ridiculous fashion a man who rather clearly molested younger girls? Republicans have already given up the moral high ground to elect another Republican — must they give up their honesty and their decency too by openly slandering sexual abuse accusers, all in order to feel slightly better about their vote? Do Republicans have so little guts that they can’t deal with the simple idea of voting for a bad man for a high office, and so must rewrite his character by throwing women under the bus?

The answer is apparently yes. It’s not enough to simply own Moore. They have to manufacture a good, clean Moore, and then stand by that caricature. It’s nonsense, it’s shameful, and it’s immoral.
            Explain to me again why lefties hate Shapiro so much?
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Uncle Ted, are you still claiming that the signature (plural now I guess) is forged and that this is some conspiracy?
              If the signature in the yearbook is valid why doesn't Gloria Allred let an independent expert examine it rather than obstructing justice?

It is simple... let someone look at the book.
              Last edited by Uncle Ted; 12-05-2017, 08:40 AM.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                If the signature in the yearbook is valid why doesn't Gloria Allred let an independent expert examine it rather than obstructing justice?

LOL man take a step back

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                  LOL man take a step back
                  It is a very Libertarian thing to be in support of child predators.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                    LOL man take a step back
                    Laugh all you want but Allred has really done a great injustice and damage to the democrats in Alabama by holding on to the book... she has created doubt in the minds of the Alabama voters to think that all the women are lying. Now it seems the Alabama republicans are coming out in full force to vote.

Commentary: Why Roy Moore is surging in Alabama

On paper, Judge Roy Moore's campaign is a fiasco. He's been credibly accused of sexual misconduct with minors. Multiple accusers have laid out a pattern of sexual pressure on women over whom the former District Attorney had power. And his campaign has taken the unusual step of aggressively calling the alleged victims liars, political plotters, or both.

"Don't attack women who are possible victims of sexual assault" is one of those other things I learned as a campaign consultant. Add the daily media savaging of Moore's candidacy and the current conversation about sexual harassment and Democrats should be on the verge of victory, right?

Only they're not.

The latest RealClearPolitics polling average has Moore leading Democrat Doug Jones by an average of 2.6 percent, almost doubling his margin for most of November, when the news of alleged sexual misbehavior broke. More significant for Moore is that the most recent polls tend to give him the larger leads.

The latest CBS News poll reflects the broader trend: While the race is neck-and-neck among Alabama registered voters in general, "Moore leads 49 percent to 43 percent among the likely voters who are most apt to vote on Dec. 12," CBS reports. The poll also finds more than 80 percent of Republicans plan to vote for their party's candidate and "a higher number of Moore's backers call themselves definite voters than do Jones' backers"
                    [...]
                    As one Republican politico told me not long ago: "Moore's voters have Election Day circled in red on the kitchen calendar."
                    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/comment...ng-in-alabama/

Allred has handed this election to Moore by not handing over the book.

So it seems that Moore will become a senator and maybe they will have a senate heading that Allred wants. Of course, if Moore is forced to resign then Alabama's Gov will get to pick a republican to take his place. Allred should have instead laid out all the compelling evidence for everyone to see.
                    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 12-05-2017, 09:06 AM.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Allred was always going to be bad optics for Alabama voters. But you do realize that she offered to have the yearbook examined in the context of a congressional inquiry, right?
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                        Allred was always going to be bad optics for Alabama voters. But you do realize that she offered to have the yearbook examined in the context of a congressional inquiry, right?
                        Why does congress give a rats ass? Moore is not a senator (yet). Of course, maybe they will have a congressional inquiry when he does become a senator if Allred or someone can present enough evidence. Maybe they will even get Moore to resign and the Gov of Alabama can appoint another republican to take his place.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I think uncle Ted is rapidly overtaking green monster as the king of double down.
                          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Even more hard evidence comes out that Moore is lying when he claimed he doesn't know these women. Pretty shameful how these women have been attacked.

Ben Shapiro:

he’s sincere i just don’t think he’s very smart
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Even more hard evidence comes out that Moore is lying when he claimed he doesn't know these women. Pretty shameful how these women have been attacked.

Ben Shapiro:

I don't hate Shapiro, but part of the reason why people on the left hate him is they see him advocating for discriminatory positions (particularly as it relates to LGBTQ) rights. He also has an extremely abrasive approach, which also casts a lot of hate towards him.

Shapiro is no Milo. He is ultimately a good person who has very strong views and knows that a brash and abrasive approach will get him the most money. I sometimes agree with him and often disagree with him.

He is right on this one.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X