Roy Moore: Pedophile Pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    The 4th Amendment disallows fishing expeditions and seeks to ensure the government stays within certain confines of behavior with relation to criminal investigation and prosecutions. It has nothing to do with a global right to privacy.

Substantive due process means that there are certain fundamental rights that can't be infringed on by the government without a very compelling rationale. The enactment of such a law violating a fundamental right, on its face, denies someone due process. It's the same legal doctrine that was used to legalize gay marriage. Again, it's not based in the 4th Amendment.
    I don't understand the jump in logic from right to privacy to Constitutional right to an abortion. I don't see that either. And I'm not a lawyer, and maybe that's why it's easier for me to just do a reading of the 4th amendment and also have a little understanding of the history at the time and the struggle against the king, to have the right to privacy jump out at me from reading it. Really, the amendment banning the forced quartering of soldiers actually goes along with this also in that it takes away another possible means of the crown spying on the citizens.To say there is no right to privacy written into the Constitution to me seems absurd. Again, I don't see the connection to abortion, which is the real reason this right offends social conservatives.

And my libertarianism is showing.
    Last edited by BlueK; 11-15-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Yep... not the same thing.

That was reprehensible on the part of Ted Kennedy, and perhaps criminal, but that still isn't the same thing. You're slacking on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Only if they get rid of that Trudeau dufus first.
        Viva Justin Castro!

It's not he will let refugees in anyway. I'll just go to Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          Viva Justin Castro!

It's not he will let refugees in anyway. I'll just go to Mexico.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            I don't understand the jump in logic from right to privacy to Constitutional right to an abortion. I don't see that either. And I'm not a lawyer, and maybe that's why it's easier for me to just do a reading of the 4th amendment and also have a little understanding of the history at the time and the struggle against the king, to have the right to privacy jump out at me from reading it. Really, the amendment banning the forced quartering of soldiers actually goes along with this also in that it takes away another possible means of the crown spying on the citizens.To say there is no right to privacy written into the Constitution to me seems absurd. Again, I don't see the connection to abortion, which is the real reason this right offends social conservatives.

And my libertarianism is showing.
            This is the second sentence from the wikipedia entry on Roe v. Wade:

"The Court ruled 7–2 that a right to privacy under the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment extended to a woman's decision to have an abortion, but that this right must be balanced against the state's interests in regulating abortions: protecting women's health and protecting the potentiality of human life."

The 14th Amendment repeats the due process clause and makes it applicable to the states. There's a direct line between Griswold v. Connecticut (1965) and Roe v. Wade. Roy Moore, for all his faults, was a justice on the Alabama Supreme Court so he clearly knows these precedents since it's been the pet issue of judicial conservatives for 45 years.
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              I thought we had another Webb Hubbell-Chelsea Clinton deal on our hands and then I looked up a picture of Pierre Trudeau.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                I thought we had another Webb Hubbell-Chelsea Clinton deal on our hands and then I looked up a picture of Pierre Trudeau.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That is pretty funny.

Why did he sign his name "Roy Moore DA"? What is the "DA" for?
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  District Attorney.
                  Hmm... I thought he was only the Assistant District Attorney. Do Assistant DA's normally sign their names will "DA" after them? Or did he do this just to impress the girls?
                  So apparently Roy Moore didn't put DA after his name... But his assistant did when he stamped his signature and then wrote his initials:

So does that mean that Roy Moore's assistant signed Nelson's year book?

Or didn't Ms. Nelson copy the signature from some other document? Like her divorce documents:

The lady is full of sh*t. :bsflag:
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

weird and offensive take bro
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Sh*t dumbass lawyers say when they know their client's story is falling apart....

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        weird and offensive take bro
                        You should tell that to the lady's step-son bro... http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1342881
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You should tell that to the lady's step-son bro...
                          I always think it's weird when newsbots get sassy. At least the other doesn't seem to do it as much.

Comment

What did I miss? Has Ted gone full-on Roy Moore apologist? Step back from the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              What did I miss? Has Ted gone full-on Roy Moore apologist? Step back from the edge.
                              No, Roy Moore is a dumbass bible-thumping bigot. I have already stated this more than once. Please try to keep up, Frank. Ms. Nelson's BS story is just going to drive Moore's republican base to the voting polls in full numbers. The independents will also vote for him because they will believe the democrats are behind this dumbass idea. Hell, democrats might even vote for him given they are disgusted with their party. They should all just vote for the libertarian.
                              Last edited by Uncle Ted; 11-15-2017, 09:02 PM.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Is there one running

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Working...
                                X