Roy Moore: Pedophile Pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank goodness - God does answer prayers

Even with out his problems with underage young ladies - I wouldn't want Moore anywhere near Capitol Hill.
    Last edited by happyone; 12-12-2017, 09:39 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
      Thank goodness - God does answer prayers
      “We also know that God is always in control.”

Judge Roy Moore
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          The responses to that tweet are great. Especially the one from some random guy named Doug Moore, "You're... Welcome?".

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Who is this idiot on MSNBC saying that Doug Jones as a "centrist" candidate is fracturing Trump's base, claiming this is the model to defeating Trumpers and the Repubs nationwide.

That, and if the republicans run pedophiles in all their races.
            This morning I switched on the network news to check the weather and see when we might get a reprieve from this inversion.

They've got a guy talking about the election and all he can talk about his how this is evidence that the Republican party is fractured, this is a referendum on Trump and how people disagree with his politics, this demonstrates that the Democrats are more energized and excited and the Republicans are a sinking ship, etc., etc., etc....

Um...you sure about that? You don't think that him being a teen-bopper had anything to do with this?

Alabama just ran two horrible candidates and the least worst one won.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
              This morning I switched on the network news to check the weather and see when we might get a reprieve from this inversion.

They've got a guy talking about the election and all he can talk about his how this is evidence that the Republican party is fractured, this is a referendum on Trump and how people disagree with his politics, this demonstrates that the Democrats are more energized and excited and the Republicans are a sinking ship, etc., etc., etc....

Um...you sure about that? You don't think that him being a teen-bopper had anything to do with this?

Jones wasn’t a horrible candidate. I’m not sure where you’re coming up with the that.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                Jones wasn’t a horrible candidate. I’m not sure where you’re coming up with the that.
                Agreed. A mainline Dem.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  Agreed. A mainline Dem.
                  Maybe I should clarify - a horrible candidate for ALABAMA. Nearly 60% of the state (regardless of political party) believes that abortion should be outlawed. Jones isn't a lightweight on the issue - he's quoted as saying that basically abortions should be legal up until birth.

Sure - most of his stuff is pretty standard Democrat platform. He seems like an OK dude who I would disagree with on certain issues. But his position on abortion and the way he expressed it is a poison pill for a state like Alabama.

Comment

Here's the thing. In every special election so far the GOP has underperformed. Yes, they've won races in places like Kansas and Montana, but the margins were much smaller than they normally are for Republicans in those states. And in Virginia the GOP got trounced. Steve Bannon tried to call it a blue state after the fact, but that's just not accurate. The Virginia House before the election was something like 66-34 GOP. After the last election it's now split down the middle. That's not a blue state. It's a swing state. I do think the Trumpism movement is causing the GOP to be heading towards a pretty bad defeat in 2018 unless they start to distance themselves from the president and the bannonist elements of the party. Trump has a personality cult following, but they're actually not enough of the population in swing districts and states for the Republicans not to suffer heavy losses in almost all of them if things don't change over the next year.
                    Last edited by BlueK; 12-13-2017, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Maybe I should clarify - a horrible candidate for ALABAMA. Nearly 60% of the state (regardless of political party) believes that abortion should be outlawed. Jones isn't a lightweight on the issue - he's quoted as saying that basically abortions should be legal up until birth.

Sure - most of his stuff is pretty standard Democrat platform. He seems like an OK dude who I would disagree with on certain issues. But his position on abortion and the way he expressed it is a poison pill for a state like Alabama.
                      Which means had he gone out there with a platform more moderate on abortion that he probably would have won in a landslide.

Comment

• I think you're misinterpreting what I'm saying.

I don't like Trump. I do believe he is harming the GOP party. It will be interesting to see what mid-term elections look like in a world of "so much winning". And Trump is freaked out enough about it that he's trying to talk a soon to be 84 year old into running for another 6 year term - so he'll be in office when he's 90 - just to keep Mitt out of the race because he "needs" yes men in congress.

But I wasn't commenting on Trump or his effect on the election (other than as an aside). I was commenting on the fact that we are in the middle of one of the biggest take-downs of politicians and public figures since the red scare of the 20's related to sexual harassment and abuse and Moore was one of the faces of it - yet according to this particular news outlet, that had NOTHING to do with his losing the election. He lost the election because of Trump. Sure. That's it. Had NOTHING to do with the sex abuse.

Prior to the sexual abuse allegations coming out, Moore was winning the state. In spite of all of his stupidity. Alabama didn't care. Until the sex stuff come out.

If you want to speak about Trump's effect on the election (and I think he had no effect on THIS particular election) - I think Trump is going to cost the GOP some seats in 2020. However - if the Dem's don't learn some lessons from 2018 and just assume that everyone hates Trump and they're going to curb stomp the GOP in 2020 because Trump - they are probably in for a surprise. Most of the people I know who voted for Trump don't talk a lot about him - but they don't necessarily regret voting for him either. And if the Dems campaign on what a horrible guy Trump is, they won't get as far as they will if they offer a better vision of the future.

Comment

If you want to speak about Trump's effect on the election (and I think he had no effect on THIS particular election)
                          While I agree that it is the Moore scandals that ultimately lost the elections, seeing a high voter turnout among black tells me that this wasn't just about the Moore scandals. I'm guessing most of them voted against Trump and an Alabama racist and not against an Alabama pervert.

You really needed the combination of all of it for the Republican to go down in this race.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...as-an-outlier/

For instance, if Trump were more popular and the Republican brand were in better shape, the GOP could have willed more of its voters to the polls and Trump’s last-minute endorsement of Moore might have been more effective. Instead, Trump’s approval rating was only 48 percent (against 48 percent disapproving) among special election participants in one of the country’s reddest states.
                          With that being said. The Democrats have a lot of work to do to be seen as the better option in the coming elections.

Comment

I think you're misinterpreting what I'm saying.

I don't like Trump. I do believe he is harming the GOP party. It will be interesting to see what mid-term elections look like in a world of "so much winning". And Trump is freaked out enough about it that he's trying to talk a soon to be 84 year old into running for another 6 year term - so he'll be in office when he's 90 - just to keep Mitt out of the race because he "needs" yes men in congress.

But I wasn't commenting on Trump or his effect on the election (other than as an aside). I was commenting on the fact that we are in the middle of one of the biggest take-downs of politicians and public figures since the red scare of the 20's related to sexual harassment and abuse and Moore was one of the faces of it - yet according to this particular news outlet, that had NOTHING to do with his losing the election. He lost the election because of Trump. Sure. That's it. Had NOTHING to do with the sex abuse.

Prior to the sexual abuse allegations coming out, Moore was winning the state. In spite of all of his stupidity. Alabama didn't care. Until the sex stuff come out.

If you want to speak about Trump's effect on the election (and I think he had no effect on THIS particular election) - I think Trump is going to cost the GOP some seats in 2020. However - if the Dem's don't learn some lessons from 2018 and just assume that everyone hates Trump and they're going to curb stomp the GOP in 2020 because Trump - they are probably in for a surprise. Most of the people I know who voted for Trump don't talk a lot about him - but they don't necessarily regret voting for him either. And if the Dems campaign on what a horrible guy Trump is, they won't get as far as they will if they offer a better vision of the future.

Trump didn't help Moore, but that hasn't for lack of trying. This is the fourth major election since Trump took office. The democrat in the Georgia was extremely competitive in a race he was expected to get blasted in. So you also have the Virginia elections. The GOP lost the governors race and saw the legislative supermajority thrashed to the point that their simple majority was at risk.

Trump is exceptionally unpopular. The democrats absolutely need to do their damnedest to make the GOP wear him like an albatross. Don't forget all Trump had going for him last election was Hillary was shitty, and he won. The GOP's majorities in congress were built on hyper-partisan tea party candidates.

It's more about energizing your base then sniping votes from the other party. Trump voters who do not regret their votes won't be in play.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                              While I agree that it is the Moore scandals that ultimately lost the elections, seeing a high voter turnout among black tells me that this wasn't just about the Moore scandals. I'm guessing most of them voted against Trump and an Alabama racist and not against an Alabama pervert.

You really needed the combination of all of it for the Republican to go down in this race.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...as-an-outlier/

With that being said. The Democrats have a lot of work to do to be seen as the better option in the coming elections.

The write in and third party votes would've been enough to win the election. I think Moore being a perv was the main factor. For one thing you have to consider how much money Moore lost and chased away, and by contrast how the democrat treasure chest was open.

Comment

I think you're misinterpreting what I'm saying.

I did hear comments even on MSNBC admitting that Moore probably still wins without the allegations. But it is Alabama where Republicans are supposed to win statewide races by huge margins. My point was that the numbers from all the special elections of the past several months are showing serious erosion in GOP support. I do think that's caused by many voters who would normally be comfortable with the party being very uncomfortable with the bannon/trump transformation. And in a swing state like Virginia where the GOP had a seemingly insurmountable majority in the house, they got pounded.

Comment

Working...
                                X