We're still playing football? BYU vs UNLV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Any truth to the "Critchlow is starting" rumor? I saw something posted on CB about it but I've also heard Hoge is ready to go for the game as well. I'd be surprised if they don't start a healthy Hoge...but they might just be calling in the seasons and deciding to get Critchlow some reps...
    Why would the Cougs want to give the Rebels any heads up? I've heard both rumors so unless Killer Dog knows or CougJunkie, I haven't a clue.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
      We have to beat these Rebel scabs. Do they even have a fan base?

I can't recall the last time I saw someone wearing UNLV gear. Maybe back in the 80s when their basketball team was awesome?
      Last person I saw wearing UNLV gear was my brother. Last time were were in Vegas for a BYU game, a rebels fan next to us spilled his beer and a little got on my brother's shirt. I guess he thought beer would burn a BYU fan's skin because I've never seen anyone more apologetic. Even though my brother assured him it was Ok, the guy disappeared and came back with a UNLV shirt he purchased as an apology.

Comment

Any truth to the "Critchlow is starting" rumor? I saw something posted on CB about it but I've also heard Hoge is ready to go for the game as well. I'd be surprised if they don't start a healthy Hoge...but they might just be calling in the seasons and deciding to get Critchlow some reps...
        I think Wrubell was saying it's Hoge if healthy, Critchlow if Hoge can't go.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
          And it was raining. And did I mention it was in Fresno?
          I'm beginning to think that instead of me being a bad BYU fan, you might just be a dumb BYU fan.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            I'm beginning to think that instead of me being a bad BYU fan, you might just be a dumb BYU fan.
            Well, duh!!!

Exhibit B - in addition to actually driving to and attending the game, I also got to set up about 300 folding chairs and 30 round tables at the nearby stake center for the alumni tailgate party. All because my parents, whom I am related to and felt obligated to support, are on the planning committee for the stupid thing.

At least we got free admission to the tailgate ($25 value) and the kids got to hang out with Touchdown Curtis Brown.

But none of this changes the fact that you are a bad BYU fan if you don't go tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Uh... both of these things can be true.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I’ll be there section (109 I think) anyone want a beer come by I’ll buy.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                  Well, duh!!!

Exhibit B - in addition to actually driving to and attending the game, I also got to set up about 300 folding chairs and 30 round tables at the nearby stake center for the alumni tailgate party. All because my parents, whom I am related to and felt obligated to support, are on the planning committee for the stupid thing.

At least we got free admission to the tailgate ($25 value) and the kids got to hang out with Touchdown Curtis Brown.

But none of this changes the fact that you are a bad BYU fan if you don't go tonight.
                  My son is going to the game with his friend and friend's dad. I sort of feel like someone else is taking my kid to priesthood session.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yup. Critchlow.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      Yup. Critchlow.
                      Crazy. Is he the fifth QB to take snaps this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Crazy. Is he the fifth QB to take snaps this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Depends on whether or not you count Kafentzis as a QB.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          Depends on whether or not you count Kafentzis as a QB.
                          Also, Critchlow has already taken snaps as a QB this year

Comment

Sigh.

Comment

Nicely done D. Didn't break.

Comment

Couple easy throws for Critchlow, but offense fizzles.

Comment

Working...
                                X