We're still playing football? BYU vs UNLV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    So are you LV guys really not going to the game? I know we suck this year but come on. If BYU plays within 200 miles of me I will always go unless I have a major work conflict.
    Um, I'm really not going. But you're making me feel slightly bad about it.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

Comment

So are you LV guys really not going to the game? I know we suck this year but come on. If BYU plays within 200 miles of me I will always go unless I have a major work conflict.
        Even as a Utah fan, I agree with this. Fortunately, I’m not within 200 miles of Las Vegas this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

What's even more depressing is that BYU is currently the 4.5 pt underdog. Against UNL-Freaking-V.

For some reason, I thought this game was tomorrow, not tonight.
          Last edited by LVAllen; 11-10-2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

My wife would kill me if I wasted her time to go to see them lose to UNLV. I value her good will more than watching a bad team play poorly.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
              What's even more depressing is that BYU is currently the 4.5 pt underdog. Against UNL-Freaking-V.

For some reason, I thought this game was tomorrow, not tonight.
              Ha, me too.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm not too dumb to know how to read a calendar, so i'll be there tonight.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  I'm not too dumb to know how to read a calendar, so i'll be there tonight.

DH wins Vegas.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    My wife would kill me if I wasted her time to go to see them lose to UNLV. I value her good will more than watching a bad team play poorly.
                    lol. Time to grow a pair.

Comment

We have to beat these Rebel scabs. Do they even have a fan base?

I can't recall the last time I saw someone wearing UNLV gear. Maybe back in the 80s when their basketball team was awesome?
                      We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

I drove 5 1/2 hours each way last weekend to watch the game in Fresno, and we were a 14 point underdog for that game. Hope that makes you feel worse about not going.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                          I drove 5 1/2 hours each way last weekend to watch the game in Fresno, and we were a 14 point underdog for that game. Hope that makes you feel worse about not going.
                          Not really. But thanks for trying.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Not really. But thanks for trying.
                            And it was raining. And did I mention it was in Fresno?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                              We have to beat these Rebel scabs. Do they even have a fan base?

I can't recall the last time I saw someone wearing UNLV gear. Maybe back in the 80s when their basketball team was awesome?
                              They won in 1990 and lost to Duke in 1991.

They don't have a football fanbase. Some use a football game as an excuse to drink bitter beer.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Any truth to the "Critchlow is starting" rumor? I saw something posted on CB about it but I've also heard Hoge is ready to go for the game as well. I'd be surprised if they don't start a healthy Hoge...but they might just be calling in the seasons and deciding to get Critchlow some reps...
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X