• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Lavar Ball pulls Liangelo (wtf) from UCLA, is "exploring other options."
    Chinese prison guard?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I honestly don't know if anybody on this board gives two shits about college basketball if BYU isn't involved, but if you do enjoy some CBB and you have a chance to watch Oklahoma and their frosh guard Trae Young, do it. kid is pretty incredible. a scoring and passing wizard.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

No. 2 Kansas going down to UW at home tonight. Huskies up by 14 w/ 1:30 left.

Edit: I guess it was in KC, not Lawrence, but that's pretty much a home game for KU.
        Last edited by falafel; 12-06-2017, 08:03 PM.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          No. 2 Kansas going down to UW at home tonight. Huskies up by 14 w/ 1:30 left.

Edit: I guess it was in KC, not Lawrence, but that's pretty much a home game for KU.
          that was a real shocker. even with Vick going off on them, though it helped that Graham couldn't throw it in the ocean.

amazing what an actual coach can do.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            that was a real shocker. even with Vick going off on them, though it helped that Graham couldn't throw it in the ocean.

amazing what an actual coach can do.
            Five teams in the top 5 have lost to unranked teams this year. Crazy stat. Florida lost its 3rd straight last night this one to Loyola-Chicago. Has a team ever gone from 5th to unranked in one week?
            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Five teams in the top 5 have lost to unranked teams this year. Crazy stat. Florida lost its 3rd straight last night this one to Loyola-Chicago. Has a team ever gone from 5th to unranked in one week?
              it is crazy. and florida looked unbeatable early on. but I watched that Loyola-Chicago game - man they jumped on florida early and never took their feet of the gas. impressive team.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                it is crazy. and florida looked unbeatable early on. but I watched that Loyola-Chicago game - man they jumped on florida early and never took their feet of the gas. impressive team.
                Yeah they look good. The MVC is going to be a force this year. Loyola is 9-1 with the only loss a blowout to Boise. Boise is another team you can't sleep on this year. They are 8-1 with the only loss to Iowa state, but they have wins over Loyola-Chicago and ORegon in Eugene.
                *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  Yeah they look good. The MVC is going to be a force this year. Loyola is 9-1 with the only loss a blowout to Boise. Boise is another team you can't sleep on this year. They are 8-1 with the only loss to Iowa state, but they have wins over Loyola-Chicago and ORegon in Eugene.
                  didn't realize that about Boise. i'll have to pay attention.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Letting Chatman transfer (encouraging him to move on) was a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                      Letting Chatman transfer (encouraging him to move on) was a mistake.
                      Nothing BYU could do in that situation. BYU Law School doesn't allow student athletes. (What I learned today from BYU people on Twitter.)

Seems like a dumb rule.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                        Nothing BYU could do in that situation. BYU Law School doesn't allow student athletes. (What I learned today from BYU people on Twitter.)

Seems like a dumb rule.
                        they do allow professional athletes, however
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Seems like a dumb rule.
                          That's the narrative that has been advanced by many, but it's not what really happened. The world is small, especially Mormondom. Through a strange series of events I had the pleasure of speaking with his parents on the day his transfer was officially announced. It was and likely will be my only brush with anyone of any historical importance closely linked to BYU men's sports. Understanding I only got one side of the story, and by individuals who were very careful and thoughtful with their words, and at that point frustrated but not bitter. From my perspective, Dave Rose did not handle the situation well. 21 points; clutch free throws at the end of a big game; drawing the assignment of guarding Grayson Allen all game: It was a mistake.
                          Last edited by tooblue; 12-09-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                            That's the narrative that has been advanced by many, but it's not what really happened. The world is small, especially Mormondom. Through a strange series of events I had the pleasure of speaking with his parents on the day his transfer was officially announced. It was and likely will be my only brush with anyone of any historical importance closely linked to BYU men's sports. Understanding I only got one side of the story, and by individuals who were very careful and thoughtful with their words, and at that point frustrated but not bitter. From my perspective, Dave Rose did not handle the situation well. 21 points; clutch free throws at the end of a big game; drawing the assignment of guarding Grayson Allen all game: It was a mistake.
                            Revisionist history. While that may have been part of it, it wasn't like he was lighting it up during his time here.

Truth is more than likely somewhere in the middle.

Comment

Revisionist history. While that may have been part of it, it wasn't like he was lighting it up during his time here.

Truth is more than likely somewhere in the middle.
                              Nothing revisionist about it. When he was at the Y, he should've gotten more minutes than he did. He actually played defense on a team that desperately needed defense. But that obviously was not a point of emphasis for Rose at that time. Funny thing is, it is now a point of emphasis and senior leadership from a player like Chatman would've been great this season. But oh well, Rose seems to have learned from his mistake—the sign of a good coach. I hope he is the basketball coach at BYU for many more seasons.
                              Last edited by tooblue; 12-09-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

LaMelo and LiAngelo Ball have turned pro, agreeing to one-year contracts with Vytautas Prienai in the first-division Lithuanian league, sources told Yahoo Sports.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-lam...224230655.html

LaMelo left Chino Hills High in California before his junior season this year to be home-schooled and is considered a legitimate pro prospect. The move to turn pro overseas is unprecedented for the consensus top-10 player in the class of 2019, who is skipping two years of high school and his commitment at UCLA. Luka Doncic — the potential No. 1 pick in the 2018 NBA draft — turned pro in Europe early in his basketball life and has set a recent standard of development and ability to succeed against older competition in tougher leagues.

“Our club is excited for the arrival of LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball,” Vytautas sports director Vilius Vaitkevicius said. “We are committed to their long-term success and development as professional basketball players.”

Former Gonzaga standout Kevin Pangos and two-year NBA veteran Brandon Davies currently play for the Lithuanian league’s top team, Zalgiris.
                                One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                                SU

Comment

Working...
                                X