Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-2018 NCAA Hoops Thread

Is this for real?

LiAngelo Ball, UCLA Teammates Could Face 3 to 10 Years In Prison If Convicted In China

LiAngelo Ball and UCLA teammates Cody Riley and Jalen Hill could face three to 10 years in prison if they are convicted of shoplifting in Shanghai, China where they were arrested on Tuesday.

. . . . . . .

I truly can’t believe how stupid these three are if they actually did steal from a store in China. On my list of 10 things to never do, “Get arrested in China” is like No. 2.
    Dumb dumbs.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Ball should have just told his dad to work a little harder and sell an extra couple of pair of Big Baller shoes so that he could have the pocket cash to buy an entire shipping container of Chinese crap while he was there.

Comment

Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
      Ball should have just told his dad to work a little harder and sell an extra couple of pair of Big Baller shoes so that he could have the pocket cash to buy an entire shipping container of Chinese crap while he was there.
      I wonder if BBB shoes/clothing are manufactured in China. Maybe LaVar could threaten to pull the entire operation and move it to a different country.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        I know it is mean-spirited of me, but it would be funny if they ended up doing some hard time in a chinese prison.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I know it is mean-spirited of me, but it would be funny if they ended up doing some hard time in a chinese prison.
          Don't be ashamed of being a law-and-order type of guy!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            Don't be ashamed of being a law-and-order type of guy!
            In the rare times, I'm in China I make extra certain I obey all the rules. I have no desire whatsoever to spend one minute in a Chinese prison. This isn't LA where athletes will get a free pass. It would be interesting if they had to spend a few years in a Chinese prison. I doubt it will happen but just the thirty day waiting period will be tough for those guys.

They have already been released on bail. Not likely to suffer any consequences.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.963f8bc7eea1
            Last edited by Topper; 11-08-2017, 08:18 AM.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

think of all the fun cross cultural montages of them developing a chinese super basketball team from prison inmates, where they have to play a final game against their former american team for freedom. in the end they would put love of country before themselves and refuse to play, accepting their prison fate. chinese officials would pardon them based on such a sincere display of patriotism.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                think of all the fun cross cultural montages of them developing a chinese super basketball team from prison inmates, where they have to play a final game against their former american team for freedom. in the end they would put love of country before themselves and refuse to play, accepting their prison fate. chinese officials would pardon them based on such a sincere display of patriotism.
                nice. i actually laughed at that one.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  Jimmer, based on his "Lonely Master" superstar status in China gets to play LiAngelo in the made for TV movie.

Comment

>99% conviction rate. Prosecutors in China are very skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      >99% conviction rate. Prosecutors in China are very skilled.
                      They only arrest guilty people!
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

They only arrest guilty people!
                        Of course. Because if you're guilty, don't you think you should be arrested? Don't be so soft on crime.

Comment

Comment

I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

Lavar Ball pulls Liangelo (wtf) from UCLA, is "exploring other options."
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X