2017-2018 NCAA Hoops Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snowcat View Post
    LaMelo and LiAngelo Ball have turned pro, agreeing to one-year contracts with Vytautas Prienai in the first-division Lithuanian league, sources told Yahoo Sports.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-lam...224230655.html
    Big Baller brand is going to be hot in the Lithuanian market.

Comment

So Trae Young just had 26 points and 22 assists in just 29 minutes. the 22 assists ties the NCAA record. He now leads the country in scoring and assists.

in 29 minutes, Young accounted for 74 points.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        So Trae Young just had 26 points and 22 assists in just 29 minutes. the 22 assists ties the NCAA record. He now leads the country in scoring and assists.

in 29 minutes, Young accounted for 74 points.
        Clockwork.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
          Clockwork.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

I saw you were the last post in this thread and knew it was a Young post before clicking. Alec Burks part 2.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
              I saw you were the last post in this thread and knew it was a Young post before clicking. Alec Burks part 2.
              a little different than Burks, but I had just finished watching the game - was as impressive as the numbers would suggest - and I thought 26 and 22 in 29 minutes was worth mentioning in the NCAA basketball thread.

I'm a fan in the sense that he's a pretty special player and fun as hell to watch, but I couldn't care less about OU and not sure how big a fan I will be once he hits the NBA.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

a little different than Burks, but I had just finished watching the game - was as impressive as the numbers would suggest - and I thought 26 and 22 in 29 minutes was worth mentioning in the NCAA basketball thread.

I'm a fan in the sense that he's a pretty special player and fun as hell to watch, but I couldn't care less about OU and not sure how big a fan I will be once he hits the NBA.
                I was kidding. You were the first person I saw talking about him. I’ve paid attention since. He’s been very impressive.

Comment

FTR, as soon as I saw those highlights last night on ESPN, my first thought was: "What is up with that dude's hair?" My second thought was: "I'll bet SMR hasn't has such a chub since Scott Machado was dropping dimes at Iona."
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    FTR, as soon as I saw those highlights last night on ESPN, my first thought was: "What is up with that dude's hair?" My second thought was: "I'll bet SMR hasn't has such a chub since Scott Machado was dropping dimes at Iona."
                    Machado wood doesn't compare. He was never on TV.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

I watched a couple small college guys last night who are having incredible seasons so far. Fletcher Magee of Wofford (beat UNC in Chapel Hill) 6'4" guard averaging 24 ppg and has an otherworldly TS% of 75% currently.

Adjin Penava of Marshall (HC is Mike D'Antoni's brother) is a 6'10" forward who is second in the country in PER at 35 - averaging 19, 10 and 4(blks - NCAA leader) - 64% FGs, shooting 40% from three. In his previous game against Ohio, nearly had a triple double with blocks - 33, 15 and 9.

Neither necessarily looked like NBA prospects, but i've only seen them that one time and with those skills, you never know.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Watched the ASU/AU game today. Deandre Ayton. Holy cow.
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                          Watched the ASU/AU game today. Deandre Ayton. Holy cow.
                          He's a true throwback to the great true centers who came into the league in the 80s. not sure about his place in today's NBA, but he's a special talent.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

at this point there is pretty much a consensus top 6 for the draft.

in no particular order, Doncic, Ayton, Bamba, Bagley, PorterJr and Young.

this weekend they five who are playing did this:

Doncic - 20, 10 and 9 - in Euroleague
                            Ayton - 23 and 19 - vs #3 ASU
                            Bamba - 22, 15 and 8 blocks - vs #11 Kansas
                            Bagley - 32 and 21 vs #24 FSU
                            Young - 39 and 14 assists vs #10 TCU

these guys are not overrated.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

UMass has been trailing Dayton in the first half. Currently down 6 with 90 seconds left in the period.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

My wife and I went down to Logan this weekend to see BSU play USU. I'm not sure how Koby McEwen ended up in Logan but that kid is a really good player. BSU has their own stud in Clandler Hutchinson so it was fun to see two really good players go at each other. USU should be embarrassed about a small percentage of their student fan base, I'm all for college kids having a good time at a game but they step over the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X