• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Weber State!
    Weber State!
    Great! Great! Great!
    Wonder if she ran for my uncle. He was the coach there forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
      Another cool story.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/12/s...n-ironman.html

He ran a 2:49:42!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Halos suck, but they're not as bad as that article says.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Halos suck, but they're not as bad as that article says.
        Yeah, I thought it was a bit overstated as well.

Cardiac, I'm guessing your wife ran yesterday? How did she do?

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
          Yeah, I thought it was a bit overstated as well.

Cardiac, I'm guessing your wife ran yesterday? How did she do?
          She just ran it “for fun” with a friend in 4 hours 15 minutes. Her competitive nature has her a little bugged that she ran an hour slower than her best marathon. Conditions were truly awful though — sheets of water coming at the runners head-on. If there was ever a marathon to take slow for safety purposes this was it. There was a major hypothermia risk. She has felt great today and was on the elliptical tonight. She has a heart rate monitor that is really accurate that says her heart rate average was 95 during the race so I think that’s evidence she really was taking it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
            She just ran it “for fun” with a friend in 4 hours 15 minutes. Her competitive nature has her a little bugged that she ran an hour slower than her best marathon. Conditions were truly awful though — sheets of water coming at the runners head-on. If there was ever a marathon to take slow for safety purposes this was it. There was a major hypothermia risk. She has felt great today and was on the elliptical tonight. She has a heart rate monitor that is really accurate that says her heart rate average was 95 during the race so I think that’s evidence she really was taking it easy.
            Man, good for her. Just finishing in that driving rain is saying something. Although I'm pretty sure i hate her now after seeing how easy a 4:15 was for her in those nasty conditions.

Comment

Conner Mantz ran the fourth fastest marathon time for any American when he ran in the Chicago marathon last Sunday. Conditions must have been perfect since Kipchoge's record got broken and the record is now a mere 35 seconds from being below 2 hours. Absolutely incredible.

Mantz is probably a better marathoner than any other discipline. He's an absolute machine and I hope he gets better as he ages. Interesting enough Clayton Young (another BYU alum) came in 8th place just behind Mantz and they both beat Galen Rupp, who has been the undisputed best American marathoner for a bit.

https://www.nbcsports.com/olympics/n...n-2023-results
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

They Were Elite Runners. Then They Stopped Training, Gained 30 Pounds—and Got Faster. - WSJ

Good articel in the WSJ about Conner Mantz and Clayton Young. Looks like Jared Ward pulled out of the Olympic trials. Hopefully Conner and Clayton can go 1-2 on Saturday.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  They Were Elite Runners. Then They Stopped Training, Gained 30 Pounds—and Got Faster. - WSJ

Good articel in the WSJ about Conner Mantz and Clayton Young. Looks like Jared Ward pulled out of the Olympic trials. Hopefully Conner and Clayton can go 1-2 on Saturday.
                  Great article.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Mantz and Young went 1-2 today. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                      Some apostle’s conference talk is practically writing itself.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

Comment

Working...
                        X