Why cut taxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crockett View Post
    Sure, the current tax code with its incredible complexity and all sorts of credits, deductions, rules, etc. pretty much behaves that way. A very simple flat tax would not. Also, I don't consider tax changes that reduce what is taken from you as redistribution.
    Nancy Pelosi has taught otherwise. Reducing taxes can be seen like Robin Hood in Reverse!! You're giving money back to rich people by stealing it from poor people.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      For the sole purpose of buying votes!
      Oh c'mon, there is a huge difference between saying vote for me and you will get free health care, free college, and free day care and someone saying vote for me because I don't support open borders or I will appoint originalist judges. The former is creating more entitlements and is absolutely vote buying (you will provide a good that costs something to produce for "free").

Comment

Oh c'mon, there is a huge difference between saying vote for me and you will get free health care, free college, and free day care and someone saying vote for me because I don't support open borders or I will appoint originalist judges will keep out the muslims and mexicans. The former is creating more entitlements and is absolutely vote buying (you will provide a good that costs something to produce for "free").
        FIFY

You need to apply your caricatures evenly.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

FIFY

SO you don't disagree with him, just want to poke at Trump? That makes sense to me.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

FIFY

Go to Bernie Sanders campaign page and you will see those promised entitlements are not hyperbole.

Keeping out Muslims and Mexicans is ridiculous hyperbole untethered to the facts, as you know.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
              SO you don't disagree with him, just want to poke at Trump? That makes sense to me.
              Not really.

Trump defies satire and hyperbole so I can understand the confusion.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Go to Bernie Sanders campaign page and you will see those promised entitlements are not hyperbole.

Keeping out Muslims and Mexicans is ridiculous hyperbole untethered to the facts, as you know.
                Haha. OK.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post

Comment

Haha. OK.
                    So a "Muslim ban" that doesn't ban most Muslims, doesn't ban the most populous Muslim countries, and is only targeted at failed / enemy states. Hyperbole physician heal thyself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                      So a "Muslim ban" that doesn't ban most Muslims, doesn't ban the most populous Muslim countries, and is only targeted at failed / enemy states. Hyperbole physician heal thyself.

You missed the point. I was matching your hyperbolic statement with an equally hyperbolic statement the other way.

But go ahead and knock yourself out. It has been kind of boring around here since IPU left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        You missed the point. I was matching your hyperbolic statement with an equally hyperbolic statement the other way.

But go ahead and knock yourself out. It has been kind of boring around here since IPU left.
                        IPU/hallelujah vs. Duderino/BlueK/FrankRyan would've made some enjoyable battles to read. RIP fallen comrades.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

It has been kind of boring around here since IPU left.
                          I think Frank Ryan has done pretty well- but I think both Frank and IPU are Irish so I cut them both some slack. I haven't fought in a long time...He was his father's only son, his mother's pride and joy.....
                          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            IPU/hallelujah vs. Duderino/BlueK/FrankRyan would've made some enjoyable battles to read. RIP fallen comrades.
                            Pretty sure outside of the Trump threads no one would give me that characteristic. That's how insane I think he is. I have opinions on other topics but I think I'm pretty mellow about expressing them on anything else.
                            Last edited by BlueK; 11-02-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I got your attempt. You missed mine about why it's not hyperbole. Let's move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post

Are we really still pretending the sole purporse of his worthless travel ban is not to target muslims?

He said he wants to ban muslims. He asked his team how he can ban muslims without explicitly saying he is banning muslims.

Comment

Working...
                                X