• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Clint Eastwood is a Russian Hacker!?!
    I tell you, no one is safe.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• The rich deserve to keep more of their money! The poor things.

From the WSJ:

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        The rich deserve to keep more of their money! The poor things.

From the WSJ:

How does actual income level look for these?

I'm just wondering what is causing the difference. Is the Bottom 50% income still going up, just not as fast as the Top 1%?

It is a problem either way. I'm just curious.

Comment

• Our CEO sent out an email today saying that ~145K employees will be getting a $1,000 bonus by the end of the year because of the tax cuts. I don't get one.

Comment

From the WSJ:

If only there were a way for the bottom 50% to vote people into office that would represent them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
              Our CEO sent out an email today saying that ~145K employees will be getting a $1,000 bonus by the end of the year because of the tax cuts. I don't get one.
              Dude, that is a ripoff. You deserve your handout!
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Dude, that is a ripoff. You deserve your handout!
                Thank you! Please share your opinion at:

Brian Moynihan
                Bank of America
                100 N Tryon St
                Charlotte, NC 28202

Comment

• maybe you can get cousin eddie to kidnap him on christmas eve
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

From the WSJ:

Obama.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• President Trump went to the "Winter White House," his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, on Friday, where CBS News reports he told friends dining at his club, "You all just got a lot richer" because of the GOP tax overhaul he'd signed several hours earlier. Two sources at a nearby table described the comments to CBS.

In public statements before the bill became law, Trump repeatedly claimed he, as a wealthy person, would take a financial hit so that ordinary Americans could pay lower taxes. In April, Trump said he would "probably pay more" after the reform, and in November he said he'd be a "big loser" and lose "a fortune." Since the legislation was finalized, analysis has shown Trump will save millions annually under the new system. Bonnie Kristian

http://theweek.com/speedreads/745170...hanks-tax-bill

Comment

• Frank, it's Christmas Eve. I'm worried about your stress level. Relax and enjoy Christmas and skip all the Trump stuff for the next two days. You can start blasting the vile man again come Tuesday.

Love,

BigFatMeanie

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                          Frank, it's Christmas Eve. I'm worried about your stress level. Relax and enjoy Christmas and skip all the Trump stuff for the next two days. You can start blasting the vile man again come Tuesday.

Love,

BigFatMeanie
                          Merry Christmas BFM

Comment

• Oh Snap!! If Bernie and the rest of the Dems don't take Ted up on this offer, then I guess they really don't care about the middle class or the poor and downtrodden. Ted is basically telling them he'll make the middle class tax cuts permanent and leave the upper class expiring.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Oh Snap!! If Bernie and the rest of the Dems don't take Ted up on this offer, then I guess they really don't care about the middle class or the poor and downtrodden. Ted is basically telling them he'll make the middle class tax cuts permanent and leave the upper class expiring.
                              LOL. Bernie sponsor legislation? GTFO. He's too transformational to be bothered with that kind of stuff.

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/o...-tax.html?_r=0

There are three approaches state officials could use to undercut the tax law. First, they could encourage families to donate money to the state government by offering them a credit for those gifts against state income taxes. The idea would be to turn state taxes into charitable donations that are deductible against the federal income tax. This might sound like a gimmick that the Internal Revenue Service could easily shut down. But David Kamin, a law professor at New York University, says there is precedent supporting such a policy. For example, some states offer tax credits to people who donate money to private schools, and these donations also qualify for the federal charity deduction.

Under the second approach, which is advocated by the economist Dean Baker, state governments would replace their income taxes with payroll taxes paid by employers. Those kinds of taxes — like the one for unemployment insurance coverage — are deductible for businesses under the Republican tax law. That switch would mean that employers could pay their workers less, but take-home pay would stay the same because employees wouldn’t be on the hook for paying state income taxes.

The third approach is for states to file a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the tax law. Mr. Cuomo said on Wednesday that he would file such a suit, claiming that the provision limiting deductibility of state and local taxes amounts to double taxation. Other officials, including the governor-elect of New Jersey, Phil Murphy, are considering similar legal action.

Comment

Working...
                                X