Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church Changes General Priesthood and General Women's Meeting Schedules

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/articl...prclt=VfneShpG

In a message sent to Church leadership and to be read in worship services throughout the world, the Council of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has announced changes for future general conferences.
    The letter states that "beginning in April 2018, the general women's session will no longer be held on the Saturday preceding the other sessions of general conference. Rather, the general priesthood and general women's sessions will each be held annually, with the general priesthood session being in April and the general women's session being in October." It continues, "These meetings will originate from the Conference Center on Saturday evening following the morning and afternoon sessions of the conference."
    According to the letter, consolidating general conference sessions into one weekend furthers Church efforts "of reducing and simplifying the work of the Church and the demands made upon leaders and members."
    One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
    SU

Sustain

Comment

Hmm. I'm too lazy too look up whether I called it on this board, but I believe I called exactly this. Except I wanted the men's session in October to avoid the final four.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
        Except I wanted the men's session in October to avoid the final four.
        I agree, seems like it would be an easy thing to switch them. This is a start but if they really want to make an impact they need to move to a two hour block.

Comment

Hmm. I'm too lazy too look up whether I called it on this board, but I believe I called exactly this. Except I wanted the men's session in October to avoid the final four.
          Does this mean BYU can play football on that Saturday night now?
          "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

I’m torn if avoiding the FF or football is better.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              I’m torn if avoiding the FF or football is better.
              For me the clincher is that we can schedule BYU games on Friday night. That means you're comparing non-BYU football with the culmination of the greatest postseason event in all of sports (albeit, also non-BYU).

Even then it's a close call for me.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
              X