I am pulling for the Astros.

This series is phenomenal.
    siding with Racism...figures.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      siding with Racism...figures.
      Oh that.

Everywhere I went in Japan, the kids would pull the skin below their eyes down to make them round-shaped and yell "buta kao!" (pig face). It always made me laugh. Good times.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Sorry, I can't cheer for the baseball lakers.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Oh that.

Everywhere I went in Japan, the kids would pull the skin below their eyes down to make them round-shaped and yell "buta kao!" (pig face). It always made me laugh. Good times.
          soooo because Japanese kids are racist its ok...got it. That makes sense. Darvish has handled this with such class its a real testament to him. MLB giving a 5 game suspension next year...lol OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Sorry, I can't cheer for the baseball lakers.
            I thought you were a 13th article of faith guy...

Comment

I have no dog in this fight. But Altuve is cute, so he cancels out the racist. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Roberts and a special 2nd base steal, but I like the way the Astros have played so far. I'll continue to root for them.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

This morning's local sports talk station included a discussion about a recent change in baseballs, including slight modifications of the cover and the seams, resulting in more gopher balls. These changes have been noted by various players, but they haven't been officially announced (and would probably be denied). Still, how else to explain the record-setting HR barrage?

Comment

soooo because Japanese kids are racist its ok...got it. That makes sense. Darvish has handled this with such class its a real testament to him. MLB giving a 5 game suspension next year...lol OK.
                  I don't like what Gurriel did, but I also don't think a slant eye gesture should keep him out of the World Series.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    I don't like what Gurriel did, but I also don't think a slant eye gesture should keep him out of the World Series.
                    What about calling him a chinito coupled with the slanted-eye gesture? I am actually not really calling for him to be suspended I am just surprised that he isn't. If a player put on an wig of braids and called a player the N word they would be suspended... At the very least they become easy to root against. Eff the Ass tros.

Comment

What about calling him a chinito coupled with the slanted-eye gesture? I am actually not really calling for him to be suspended I am just surprised that he isn't. If a player put on an wig of braids and called a player the N word they would be suspended... At the very least they become easy to root against. Eff the Ass tros.
                      I may be wrong, but I'm not sure Chinito is a horrible term, at least in Caribbean spanish. A friend of mine who lived in Puerto Rico used to talk about his favorite restaurant down there called Chinito's (chinese restaurant). I don't think its exactly the equivalent of the N word.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        I may be wrong, but I'm not sure Chinito is a horrible term, at least in Caribbean spanish. A friend of mine who lived in Puerto Rico used to talk about his favorite restaurant down there called Chinito's (chinese restaurant). I don't think its exactly the equivalent of the N word.
                        probably not but it is considered offensive to Asians....little china boy has a certain connotation.

Comment

Those little kids were typically accompanied by parents who always thought it was hilarious.

But hey, people are entitled to take offense however they like. I honestly don't care one way or the other on this particular incident.

I have always enjoyed seeing teams from Texas beat teams from LA.

Comment

LOL! Dodger tears are the best tears!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Roberts is trying to get another 2 inning save from Jansen

Edit

What do I know - on to game 7
                              Last edited by happyone; 10-31-2017, 08:44 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                LOL! Dodger tears are the best tears!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Tears of joy?

Comment

Working...
                                X