World Series 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
    Normally, grounding out with bases loaded would kill your chances. With this series, there will be like 7 home runs tonight, so it's no big deal.
    No doubt. I’d think a 5-0 lead is pretty safe but in this series that can evaporate pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

This game reminds me of game 6 only with the teams swapped. Dodgers get plenty on base but can't seem to score. Astros aren't getting the hits but are putting up the runs. The series has been great but hopefully this one ends at the bottom of the 9th.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

down to the last out - not looking good

edit

ANNNND it's over - congrats to the 'stros and their fans

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Fuck the Astros and their bandwagon fan base. Seahawks of the MLB.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Fuck the Astros and their bandwagon fan base. Seahawks of the MLB.
                They had the longer draught. Rules of sports. Sorry.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Great win for a city that needed something to toast. Would a cool Dodger fandom even know how to enjoy it? Sorry Mr. Nicholson et al. Altuve is cool! Darvish for MVP!
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    I think the stros shot to win was tonight.
                    Good call. [emoji16]
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      Great win for a city that needed something to toast. Would a cool Dodger fandom even know how to enjoy it? Sorry Mr. Nicholson et al. Altuve is cool! Darvish for MVP!
                      I won't say Davish cost LA the series, but he sure had a bad one!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        Im biased but it is great for the city after the flooding from Harvey. The Astros have a large and loyal following in houston and this season was a fun ride. I actually find myself liking them a lot more after their move to the AL since they aren’t in the same league as the Pirates. Minute Maid Park was packed last night and downtown has been rocking all week. I’m looking forward to the parade.

On your Darvish comment He sucked this series and basically gave game 7 away. His pitches looked like the all hung over the plate just waiting for someone to smash it.

Once nice thing about his series finally being over is I’ll finally stop hearing MJ day how cute Altuve is like he’s some 6 year old kid. Granted, he’s very short and plays with the enthusiasm of a kid, but the guy is a total gamer and the heart of the franchise right now. It was great to have him get the final out of the series.

Comment

That game was kind of boring but wow, what a great series.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            That game was kind of boring but wow, what a great series.

It's called baseball. "You knew what I was when you picked me up."

Comment

As a Dodger fan...ooof!

Congrats to the Astros.

Considering Guriel's "apology" I thought this clip was appropriate...if not funny.

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
                                I won't say Davish cost LA the series, but he sure had a bad one!
                                I think the Dodgers main problem was they couldn't get consistent hitting. It seems that they either hit a home run or made an out, with the outs predominating. That is a tribute to the Astro's staff - they got the outs when they needed to, and the Dodgers did not.

Comment

Working...
                                X