Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    You can sell recruits on an independent schedule of the types of teams you would be playing in a conference, supplemented by some decent P5 teams in the mix. Independence is not forcing BYU to play an an outlandish preseason schedule.

BYU had 10, 8, 8, 8, 9, and 9 win seasons as an independent and was essentially on the top list of next teams to join a P5 conference in expansion. Now they have a hugely crappy year and somehow independence is undesirable and joining the MWC or AAC will solve BYU's woes?

People simply aren't being rational here. The single biggest variable so far in BYU's stunningly horrible season is coaching. Does anyone honestly think Bronco/Anae would have been 1-7 at this point in the season?
    No offense dude but I have been in a position to speak to a decent number of potential recruits and their family members. While I no longer have that position I have close friends and family that do. The stuff I post has come directly out of enough of their mouths that I'm not just floating a theory. If anyone is floating a theory it's you. Maybe you need to check yourself in the rational department.

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      As an Independent BYU has no NY6 bowl opportunities. You only get that from being in a conference. Maybe that is what you were saying and I misunderstood.
      That's what I was saying.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        Easier to bench the QB. Start there.
        Then fire Ty for not benching him much sooner.
        are we really pretending our problems are primarily the QB?

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          tuiaki has been good imo. of his bros the most suspect hire is reno.
          how in the world has he been good?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
            Maybe you need to check yourself in the rational department.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

that is a very good point. It does not solve the problem that there are not many (any) great choices for BYU football coaches.
              It's not a very good point. Yes coaches are struggling but that happens when all you have to do to stop us is play Cover 2 in running situations and Cover 4 in passing situations. Whether it's lack of horses or the position coach coaching those horses is up for debate (I'm going with horses) but our inability to get free is a large part of our problem. Until we solve that everyone from QB's to coaches is going to struggle.

Comment

As an Independent BYU has no NY6 bowl opportunities. You only realistically get that from being in a Power 5 conference, which isn't an option for BYU at this time. Maybe that is what you were saying and I misunderstood.
                FIFY

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                  are we really pretending our problems are primarily the QB?
                  Who gives a rat's ass what the primary problem is right this second- QB is huge problem whether it's primary or not. They aren't firing Ty mid season. So speaking of pretending, let's be realistic and fix what might actually be realistic to fix.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                    FIFY
                    Incorrect. The best of the rest provides a NY6 opportunity in every season. BYU should routinely compete to be the best of the rest.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      I apologize for calling someone else dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        Who gives a rat's ass what the primary problem is right this second- QB is huge problem whether it's primary or not. They aren't firing Ty mid season. So speaking of pretending, let's be realistic and fix what might actually be realistic to fix.
                        Maybe the coaches see how the QBs perform and Tanner is better.

If we arent willing to fire an OC when we have the worst team and offense since LaVell then why are we playing FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                          Maybe the coaches see how the QBs perform and Tanner is better.

If we arent willing to fire an OC when we have the worst team and offense since LaVell then why are we playing FB
                          Your first paragraph would make sense if practice = games. They just scored 10 (legit) points against the worst defense in the country. You can't just keep trotting Mangum out there and expect a different result. Critchlow has looked pretty bad in the 5 or 6 throws he's had, so i don't think he's the answer, but status quo is unacceptable, imo. If it is broke you at least attempt to fix it. And Detmer isnt going anywhere right now.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Yeah let's put that Koy Detmer kid in again. That worked out well.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              It's not a very good point. Yes coaches are struggling but that happens when all you have to do to stop us is play Cover 2 in running situations and Cover 4 in passing situations. Whether it's lack of horses or the position coach coaching those horses is up for debate (I'm going with horses) but our inability to get free is a large part of our problem. Until we solve that everyone from QB's to coaches is going to struggle.
                              This is a historically bad season for BYU. It could end up being the worst since the Academy days, and I don't think I'm exaggerating. So if it really is lack of players at receiver, is this really a historically bad roster for WR? Or is it just a very bad roster combined with an upgraded schedule compared to our historical average? I'm asking sincerely. Even if they are historically bad, we have played a couple really bad teams at this point and I would still expect some signs of life in those games if the coaches are up to the job.

Comment

Your first paragraph would make sense if practice = games. They just scored 10 (legit) points against the worst defense in the country. You can't just keep trotting Mangum out there and expect a different result. Critchlow has looked pretty bad in the 5 or 6 throws he's had, so i don't think he's the answer, but status quo is unacceptable, imo. If it is broke you at least attempt to fix it. And Detmer isnt going anywhere right now.
                                Detmer isn't going anywhere right now because who would you replace him with, right? I agree - midseason firings don't often fix a problem.

But why don't you use the same logic for the QB spot? You don't think Critchlow is the answer and you sill want a QB change? That is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X