No announcement yet.

Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ty has more potential to grow into being a good D1 OC than most of the other staff does to be good at their positions. Also, when everything is going wrong at the same time, it points to culture (i.e., head coach). When we hire a head coach who mostly brings in his bros with no experience in their current coaching positions, it's on him if it doesn't work out.

I still hope these guys figure things out, but it isn't looking good after a season and a half.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

The way academia is going, I think we should bring in a successful CEO; definitely a business major, preferably with an MBA-running a team is really a business venture.
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
        I think Ty has more potential to grow into being a good D1 OC than most of the other staff does to be good at their positions. Also, when everything is going wrong at the same time, it points to culture (i.e., head coach). When we hire a head coach who mostly brings in his bros with no experience in their current coaching positions, it's on him if it doesn't work out.

I still hope these guys figure things out, but it isn't looking good after a season and a half.
        tuiaki has been good imo. of his bros the most suspect hire is reno.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by delux_247 View Post
          Is a new head coach even a viable option? I wonder what kind of buyout clauses Kalani and Ty have in their contracts and if BYU could even afford new coaches at this point. The pool of coaches BYU can pick from is so limited that I worry we will be in for more of the same. We could never afford a proved D1 coach so we would either have to pull from the coordinator ranks or find some up and coming FCS coach (is there even one who is LDS)?

If a coaching change is in the near future I don't see any good options at this point - which is why I'd say ride it out another year.

In the current environment the honor code and LDS head coach requirements are the biggest limiters to building a more successful program. BYU has stacked the deck against themselves.
          30 billion. The church can afford it.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            30 billion. The church can afford it.
            Could but won't.

Ditching the concept that the head coach must be LDS should be the first priority. Wont' happen.

Paying head coach and assistant coaches prevailing wages. Not likely to happen but might.

Engage a consultant to review ADepartment performance and divine a need for structural systemic changes. Unknown.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Fuck you guys. Disloyal pricks. This season is like Ty's 5-pick game in his debut against Wyo. You guys will be eating your hats when our Ty-power offense leads the nation and gets tons of accolades including a Heisman for the Joe Critchlow. I'm sticking with our guy.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                Fuck you guys. Disloyal pricks. This season is like Ty's 5-pick game in his debut against Wyo. You guys will be eating your hats when our Ty-power offense leads the nation and gets tons of accolades including a Heisman for the Joe Critchlow. I'm sticking with our guy.
                Fire YOhio!

Comment

Comment

Ty makes Norm Chow look like the model of adaptation and innovation.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I know of a surety that this is sarcastic YO. I think.

But the salty language is no laughing matter. Please bridle your tongue.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        Ty makes Norm Chow look like the model of adaptation and innovation.
                        Norm Chow has a legacy as one of the best offensive coordinators in the history of college football and BYU fans drove him away. Not sure this is the insult you wanted it to be.

Comment

Norm Chow has a legacy as one of the best offensive coordinators in the history of college football and BYU fans drove him away. Not sure this is the insult you wanted it to be.
                          It has many layers, but if I have to explain it,

BYU fans drove him away.
                          BYU fans found him to boring and not innovative.

BYU fans got the O coordinator they wanted and look what BYU fans have now....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                              It has many layers, but if I have to explain it,

BYU fans drove him away.
                              BYU fans found him to boring and not innovative.

BYU fans got the O coordinator they wanted and look what BYU fans have now....
                              lol. You're a treat.

Comment

The problem in my opinion is that BYU as an institution has taken football success and revenue as a given. They have been reaping without sowing for years. They will be forced to invest in football and basketball as a school instead of the current approach. If they don't, they will lose the revenue and support of sports loving donors who have other options like Utah and even lowly UVU.

Comment

Working...
                                X