Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    Flystripper. I feel bad for you right now. You are dealing with BYU football and the Blackhawks regression as well. You don't deserve that. This is my way of saying, I hope the Blackhawks find a way to give you some sports enjoyment soon. The reports that the cap may go up to over 80 million may be your Balm of Gilead.
    Thanks!
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      I would also add that I am fine with Ty and hope he stays a long, long, long time
      Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
      I'm fine with Ty and would like to see him stay.
      Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
      Stay the course and in the words of Joel Embiid "Trust the process". Nobody needs to be fired. You guys are fine.
      I'm with Shaka et al; give them two more years to install the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
        I'm with Shaka et al; give them two more years to install the offense.
        You didn't quote me
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          TW. You are missed.
          Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          Come back JIC.
          Yes! Stick around, you guys. Poor shaka can't find anyone here to match his football IQ so he is being nasty and lashing out.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Yes! Stick around, you guys. Poor shaka can't find anyone here to match his football IQ so he is being nasty and lashing out.
            Hmmm, maybe you should up your game.

Comment

Speaking of lashing out, I will punch you in the face if I ever see you again with having to see that awful picture of Trump.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                Speaking of lashing out, I will punch you in the face if I ever see you again with having to see that awful picture of Trump.
                Isn't that great!?

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Isn't that great!?

Yes, I love it! Just another Ute national championship team visiting the white house. :Utah:

Comment

Isn't that great!?

It actually is. Many laughs have been had from this picture.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      this guy gets it.
                      No, he doesn't. He's making the same unfounded assumption/assertion that you are: namely, that Independence is necessarily creating schedule imbalance and that it's not possible or easy to fix scheduling imbalance as an Independent. I assert that BYU can balance the schedule as easily, if not easier, as an Independent, than they can within the MWC. Let's be honest with ourselves, the only non-Power 5 conference that is a realistic option is the MWC. The AAC won't provide any natural rivalries for those of you that put importance on that variable.

Please explain to me why scheduling balance can't be achieved as an Independent?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                        No, he doesn't. He's making the same unfounded assumption/assertion that you are: namely, that Independence is necessarily creating schedule imbalance and that it's not possible or easy to fix scheduling imbalance as an Independent. I assert that BYU can balance the schedule as easily, if not easier, as an Independent, than they can within the MWC. Let's be honest with ourselves, the only non-Power 5 conference that is a realistic option is the MWC. The AAC won't provide any natural rivalries for those of you that put importance on that variable.

Please explain to me why scheduling balance can't be achieved as an Independent?
                        I would say in this case the onus is on you to explain. Scheduling imbalance thus far has been the norm in independence. Please explain how we would correct it when P5 teams are concentrating on their league schedules after the first few games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          I would say in this case the onus is on you to explain. Scheduling imbalance thus far has been the norm in independence. Please explain how we would correct it when P5 teams are concentrating on their league schedules after the first few games?
                          The onus is on me to explain how BYU could achieve schedule balance as an Independent? LOL, OK.

BYU has already proven it's adept at scheduling the non-P5 teams during the conference play (October/November) part of the season as evidenced by all the Independent schedules to date and their schedules. There is no reason to load up 3 or 4 Power5 teams for the September games. It's just as easy to schedule a few more non-P5 opponents for the other games.

Looking at the 2018 schedule: If you want to achieve schedule balance, there is no reason to schedule @Arizona, Cal, @Wisconson, @Washington all before October. 1 of them would be fine and would provide the balance you are looking for. There are plenty of non-P5 teams that could be scheduled instead of 3 P5 teams.
                          Looking at the 2019 schedule: If you want to achieve schedule balance, there is no reason to schedule @Tennessee, USC, and @Washington all before October. Again, 1 of them would be fine and provide the schedule balance that you and Fly and Goat want.
                          Looking at the 2020 schedule: If you want to achieve schedule balance, there is no reason to schedule Michigan State, @ASU, @Minnesota all in September, with Missouri and @Stanford thrown in later in the year for good measure. One of the three P5 teams in September would be fine.

Independence didn't force BYU to schedule so many P5s in the first part of the schedule. BYU is playing a heavier P5 schedule than they would get in the MWC because they WANT to, not because Independence has forced them to.

Q.E.D.

NOTE: I am not saying BYU should cancel already contracted games in 2018/2019/2020, although they would need to if they joined a conference. I am saying that BYU isn't forced to schedule like they have been and that it's perfectly reasonable for them to schedule fewer P5 opponents because they rarely play P5 opponents in October or November anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            Man I would love for BYU to be that good.
                            eh, Utah is what, 5-6? both suck but 2-9 and the ensuing fan meltdowns are more fun.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              eh, Utah is what, 5-6? both suck but 2-9 and the ensuing fan meltdowns are more fun.
                              i guess you have a point. I just mean that Utah is an offensive juggernaut compared to us.
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                Holy crap. One of our 3 wins has been invalidated? What a season.

Comment

Working...
                                X