Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hostile View Post
    Bronco
    I know Bronco, Bronco was a friend of mine, and Sitake is no Bronco.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Here is who we should fire: Pete Tuipulotu from ever carrying an alumni flag again. Previous to today, the last two times that Pete carried the flag were Virginia in 2013 and West Virginia last year. I saw him carrying out that flag today and immediately knew we were done.

Also, I should be fired from going to games. I haven’t been to a game we won since Texas in Provo in 2013. I haven’t been to an away victory since Georgia Tech in 2012. It’s starting to get old.

Comment

Easier to bench the QB. Start there.
        Then fire Ty for not benching him much sooner.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Think how happy we will all be with Ken N now? He can get as good of athletes as he gets at Navy, we can dumb down the schedule and win 8+ a year, maybe even join a conference and win OCCs again. All it took was seeing what the wasteland can really look like to realize we had it pretty good in the MWC.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            Think how happy we will all be with Ken N now? He can get as good of athletes as he gets at Navy, we can dumb down the schedule and win 8+ a year, maybe even join a conference and win OCCs again. All it took was seeing what the wasteland can really look like to realize we had it pretty good in the MWC.
            Wise.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              Wise.
              Tend your own garden!

Comment

Maybe you weren’t paying attention but Ken N was offered the job and he turned it down.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  cahoon, empey and reno should all go first
                  Empey is probably the lone offensive guy who shouldn't get canned. The OL isn't great, but they're probably the least terrible unit on the team. Maybe TEs too. But only because Bushman has been decent and the #2 TE got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Maybe you weren’t paying attention but Ken N was offered the job and he turned it down.
                    I thought I was. But maybe I’m getting old. I thought the general vibe was that Holmoe didn’t want him but there was pressure from above to hire him, or at least make him a top candidate. My feeling was that most fans were luke warm at best and not wanting to run a unique offense. So Ken N turned us down.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Welcome aboard everyone. I’ve been on this train since at least Utah State.

I’m also losing trust in Kalani. While his laid back style is great, it’s really starting to show on the field the lack of discipline and just busted assignments. This feels like Crowtons second year after the discipline of Lavell wore off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I thought I was. But maybe I’m getting old. I thought the general vibe was that Holmoe didn’t want him but there was pressure from above to hire him, or at least make him a top candidate. My feeling was that most fans were luke warm at best and not wanting to run a unique offense. So Ken N turned us down.
                        Ken turned us down because fans were lukewarm? Lol. Ok.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Ken turned us down because fans were lukewarm? Lol. Ok.
                          I didn’t feel like that was what I said or implied. I am not an insider and have no idea why he turned us down. I’m not inside and probably many here know much more than I do about why he did and maybe the reasons he turned the job down are things that can’t or won’t change at BYU. I don’t think the idea of having your boss and fan base not want you would be the worst reason to not take a job. But I often make bad decisions so my thought process could be faulty.

Regardless of coach or scheme I think conference affiliation in the near future is vital to ByU’s Long term success. It was a flawed argument to bring Ken N into the discussion.
                          Last edited by HuskyFreeNorthwest; 10-22-2017, 09:49 AM.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

I am generally pro independence, but if this slide continues it may make sense to join the AAC with a P5 invitation clause.

But I'd prefer if BYU cities just start winning games as an independent.

Comment

Is a new head coach even a viable option? I wonder what kind of buyout clauses Kalani and Ty have in their contracts and if BYU could even afford new coaches at this point. The pool of coaches BYU can pick from is so limited that I worry we will be in for more of the same. We could never afford a proved D1 coach so we would either have to pull from the coordinator ranks or find some up and coming FCS coach (is there even one who is LDS)?

If a coaching change is in the near future I don't see any good options at this point - which is why I'd say ride it out another year.

In the current environment the honor code and LDS head coach requirements are the biggest limiters to building a more successful program. BYU has stacked the deck against themselves.

Comment

I didn’t feel like that was what I said or implied. I am not an insider and have no idea why he turned us down. I’m not inside and probably many here know much more than I do about why he did and maybe the reasons he turned the job down are things that can’t or won’t change at BYU. I don’t think the idea of having your boss and fan base not want you would be the worst reason to not take a job. But I often make bad decisions so my thought process could be faulty.

Regardless of coach or scheme I think conference affiliation in the near future is vital to ByU’s Long term success. It was a flawed argument to bring Ken N into the discussion.
                                OK. FTR, I don't think our current problem has anything to do with not being in the MWC.

Comment

Working...
                                X