Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
    I'm fine with Ty and would like to see him stay.
    Stay the course and in the words of Joel Embiid "Trust the process". Nobody needs to be fired. You guys are fine.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      Hush, you have your own coordinator problems.
      We are used to it now. That's an annual thing for us.
      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I read this stuff and I wonder how much better can Utah really be? Given what they are they seem like a decent mid tier Pac program. I am interested to see how much better they will be with a decent qb as an upperclassmen.
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
          I read this stuff and I wonder how much better can Utah really be? Given what they are they seem like a decent mid tier Pac program. I am interested to see how much better they will be with a decent qb as an upperclassmen.
          Hopefully, they will be awful.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            It's a subtle way of saying you should tap out.
            Out of this subject thread, football talk, or this board in general? Come on JL, if you want me gone you've got all the power you need. Give me the Full Santos or maybe our version is the Rocky Balboa.

It's a bit sad that there isn't much football talk on this board that can go beyond the surface level. It used to be great but most of those guys rarely post.

As I'm writing this my email just informed me that Hot Lunch, who's football takes are sorely missed, quoted my post on this thread. I have yet to read his post but I'm guessing it was regarding my response to JIC. to be clear he's one of the guys to whom I'm referring in my sentence above.

Comment

• Ty should stay. Sitake should be fired.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Hopefully, they will be awful.
                It is somewhat fun for BYU fans to have Utah because they are good enough to keep their fanbase interested and hoping but likely not good enough to do anything significant now that they can no longer skate through with only having to play a good team once or twice in a season. Genuinely throwing gasoline on the legitimately justified flames of anger due to coming close but never reaching a prize worth reaching is balm of gilead to those who know approaching it is not a possibility. There is such a subtle joy in knowing who you are and getting to throw salt in the wounds of those whose legitimate hope is routinely destroyed.

So I doubt they will be awful and I doubt I want that anyway.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Out of this subject thread, football talk, or this board in general? Come on JL, if you want me gone you've got all the power you need. Give me the Full Santos or maybe our version is the Rocky Balboa.

It's a bit sad that there isn't much football talk on this board that can go beyond the surface level. It used to be great but most of those guys rarely post.

As I'm writing this my email just informed me that Hot Lunch, who's football takes are sorely missed, quoted my post on this thread. I have yet to read his post but I'm guessing it was regarding my response to JIC. to be clear he's one of the guys to whom I'm referring in my sentence above.
                  Good grief, knock it off. Nobody is suggesting you get banned.

You are welcome to keep digging all the way to China if you like.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                    It is somewhat fun for BYU fans to have Utah because they are good enough to keep their fanbase interested and hoping but likely not good enough to do anything significant now that they can no longer skate through with only having to play a good team once or twice in a season. Genuinely throwing gasoline on the legitimately justified flames of anger due to coming close but never reaching a prize worth reaching is balm of gilead to those who know approaching it is not a possibility. There is such a subtle joy in knowing who you are and getting to throw salt in the wounds of those whose legitimate hope is routinely destroyed.

So I doubt they will be awful and I doubt I want that anyway.
                    Last night I watched the last few minutes of the Utah-UW game on the DVR. Holy cow, the Huskies had no business winning that game. Bwahahahaha....

Comment

Good grief, knock it off. Nobody is suggesting you get banned.

You are welcome to keep digging all the way to China if you like.
                      If you or Old Gregg are the judges of my football takes then yes, I'll keep digging.

I have a better idea. Why don't we raise the football discourse of this board above the level of, "Fire Ty".

Comment

If you or Old Gregg are the judges of my football takes then yes, I'll keep digging.

I have a better idea. Why don't we raise the football discourse of this board above the level of, "Fire Ty".
                        yikes
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Utah's current offensive rankings :

Scoring: 64th
                          Total offense: 54th
                          Passing offense: 40th
                          Rushing offense: 85th

Pedestrian and subpar for certain, but I'll take our problems right now.
                          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post

I’ve been impressed with Huntley’s improvement. He looked great against a good UW D. I hate what that likely means for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                              You are not talking me off the ledge here.
                              BYU football as we knew is dead and gone. Its been this way for a while, but its taken a few years for the disengaged flywheel to stop spinning. At this point we have two choices:
                              1.) Scrap the program (nobody wants this) or
                              3.) FCS or
                              2.) Adjust expectations that are rooted in what we are, and not what we were.

The independence gambit was worth the gamble to position ourselves for Big 5 inclusion and make that transition as easy as possible while getting paid more money. That gamble came up half empty. We got more money but the Big 5 conference opportunity is over. The ESPN money will be significantly reduced next contract and we will be better served being in a conference. We lost the bet. The world has changed. We can wait until the ESPN money dries up, but I would prefer to bite the bullet and get into a conference where we can enjoy some success and rebuild. Playing in the MWC will still allow us to get blown out 1 or 2 times a year to a big time program and we get the opportunity to play conference foes with real rivalries while playing for something.

I know most of you guys don't agree. Denial is one of the 5 stages of grief. Eventually you will come to acceptance.
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post

You have to take your problems. That's why they are your problems. Run along now.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X