Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    ... not in football it's not, especially at the collegiate level.
    At any level.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      There you go, folks. Stop being excited about a hire that exceeded your expectations!
      No. I am still very happy. Maybe it doesn’t work out; we’ll see. But as a hire it exceeded expectations, as you say, and is a positive sign for the program, for sitake’s self awareness level, and for the administration’s support. So I’m going to be happy about this unless it is proven it doesn’t work.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• I agree with Toolblue. What has Grimes ever taught Brett Favre about the QB position?

Comment

• I'm optimistic about the hire. I hardly turned on football this year and it was kind of depressing. I didn't mind Ty's play calling at all-- it's just that nobody was completing a play (to my scarred memory). Drops, stumbles, keystone cops football all year.

Grimes is from 06 BYU football-- a year when we were kicking everybody's ass after a stumble in Tucson. I hardly think it was Anae's brilliant play calling that put us over that year so much as hard work and discipline that had come to fruition (along with some seniors who blossomed just in time). And Grimes is no stranger to recruiting and was known for his great linemen classes at LSU, which also bodes well. He's on the clock now and he gets the benefit of the doubt, just like Ty.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
            I agree with Toolblue. What has Grimes ever taught Brett Favre about the QB position?
            Excellent hire confirmed!

Comment

• He must hope this is his chance to step up to being a HC sometime. Without OC or DC experience I don't think a coach will ever get that top job and he must have felt like he was stuck a OL coach at LSU. I'm curious what they offered, would he have taken a cut in pay for the opportunity to be the OC.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                He must hope this is his chance to step up to being a HC sometime. Without OC or DC experience I don't think a coach will ever get that top job and he must have felt like he was stuck a OL coach at LSU. I'm curious what they offered, would he have taken a cut in pay for the opportunity to be the OC.
                I just read some article that said BYU wanted Grimes 2 years ago but LSU countered with a contract extension and a raise. I read that they also did the same this time, but he's set on being an OC. Good for him! I hope he kicks enough ass that his name does get floated for HC jobs.

*edit-- I guess I saw it on Twitter from an LSU beat reporter.

Last edited by Commando; 12-14-2017, 08:42 AM.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Play calling is the most overrated aspect of coaching.
                  I recommend you avoid following @snowsurfah on Twitter during games. That guy is brutal on the playcalling.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    I recommend you avoid following @snowsurfah on Twitter during games. That guy is brutal on the playcalling.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I am displeased by this hire. I am mainly disappointed as BYU has clearly made the decision to increase coaches salaries with this hire.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• The hire is good but those who wanted someone with OC experience have a gripe.

Completely disagree with Surfah. The OC has a lot of responsibility in other areas but he also needs the ability to call decent plays and adjust to the defensive scheme. Being a good playcaller is not easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          The hire is good but those who wanted someone with OC experience have a gripe.

Completely disagree with Surfah. The OC has a lot of responsibility in other areas but he also needs the ability to call decent plays and adjust to the defensive scheme. Being a good playcaller is not easy.
                          Yeah but if UMass stacks the box again next year we are hosed!
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            Super mean! This is why I stopped posting on the board!
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              The hire is good but those who wanted someone with OC experience have a gripe.

Go read Smart Football on play calling.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                Go read Smart Football on play calling.
                                You should pick up Football For Dummies. I hear it's done wonders for JL.

Comment

Working...
                                X