Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    Neither Kalani, Ty, or Mangum should go anywhere. At this moment the three of them are the best reasonable options we have.
    assuming you are including after the season, there is no reason to think Ty is the best reasonable option in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      assuming you are including after the season, there is no reason to think Ty is the best reasonable option in the country.
      I said reasonable options. There simply aren't a lot of guys available to BYU at the price BYU is willing to pay. Those guys deserve a chance to right the ship and recruit their players. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I have a caveat....Ty may decide it isn't worth it and resign. Actually it wouldn't surprise me if Kalani did that either.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
        I agree. This team is similarly talented as any the past 7 years. Sure injuries have exacerbated things this season but the team looked bad out of the gate.
        Totally agree. BYU had 12 possessions against Portland State. Here is how they went:

1. PUNT - 3 plays, 3 yards
        2. PUNT - 5 plays, 10 yards
        3. TD - 4 plays, 64 yards
        4. PUNT - 6 plays, 17 yards
        5. TD - 8 plays, 66 yards
        6. PUNT - 3 plays, -3 yards

Halftime

7. Turned the ball over on downs - 8 plays, 34 yards. To turn the ball over on downs your first possession of the half against Portland State is unconscionable.
        8. PUNT - 3 plays, 9 yards

Score was 14-6 heading into the 4th quarter. Against Portland State!

9. FG - 13 plays, 83 yrds
        10. MISSED FG - 6 plays, 44 yards
        11. FG - 4 plays, 5 yards
        12. End of game - ran the clock out.

Did I mention this was against Portland Freaking State!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
          I wonder if there's a maturity problem on the part of the players, that didn't used to be a problem for the BYU.

When I compare the way today's BYU players handle stress, and the way the BYU players of yesteryear handled stress, it's night and day.
          Players of yesteryear drank andhad sex to handle the stress.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Here is how I see BYU's remaining games:

SJSU - W - Possibly the only 1-6 team in FBS that is worse than BYU
            @Fresno - L - Fresno is going to smoke the Cougars
            @UNLV - W - UNLV is horrible, but this is no gimme
            UMass - W - Another 1-6 team, but unlike BYU they have a win over an FBS team, so this not a gimme.
            @Hawaii - L - Hawaii is also horrible but this game is in the islands.

4-9 to finish the season.

There are maybe only 3 or 4 teams in the MWC BYU could beat this year. With an MWC schedule BYU maybe goes 5-8 this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
              Here is how I see BYU's remaining games:

@Fresno - L - Fresno is going to smoke the Cougars
              @UNLV - W - UNLV is horrible, but this is no gimme
              UMass - W - Another 1-6 team, but unlike BYU they have a win over an FBS team, so this not a gimme.
              @Hawaii - L - Hawaii is also horrible but this game is in the islands.

4-9 to finish the season.

There are maybe only 3 or 4 teams in the MWC BYU could beat this year. With an MWC schedule BYU maybe goes 5-8 this year.
              And at least a couple of them are already on our schedule.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                Here is how I see BYU's remaining games:

Hmm i remember people saying that about ECU

Comment

They were giving up 50 pts per game! And 600+ yards!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                    I said reasonable options. There simply aren't a lot of guys available to BYU at the price BYU is willing to pay. Those guys deserve a chance to right the ship and recruit their players. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I have a caveat....Ty may decide it isn't worth it and resign. Actually it wouldn't surprise me if Kalani did that either.
                    I think there are hundreds of current FCS OCs and/or FBS position coaches that have potential to be better. It really cant get worse than top 5 worst in FBS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      They were giving up 50 pts per game! And 600+ yards!

And being outscored by an average of 29 points.

Not giving up 29 points, being OUTSCORED by that number. Twenty-Nine.

Comment

True. BYU could very easily finish 2-11 or even 1-12. Not ready to go there quite yet though...

Comment

• This all feels like the 2004 season, although I think this year's team is actually worse.
                          We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

This all feels like the 2004 season, although I think this year's team is actually worse.
                            Junior Mangum doesn't look nearly as good as Sophomore John Beck. And there is nobody at receiver this year that I would take over Freshman Austin Collie or Junior Todd Watkins.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

This all feels like the 2004 season, although I think this year's team is actually worse.
                              2004? Try 2002 and 2003

Comment

I think there are hundreds of current FCS OCs and/or FBS position coaches that have potential to be better. It really cant get worse than top 5 worst in FBS.
                                That are willing to live by the Honor Code? Lol. Just stop.

There may be tens of those coaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X