Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    This is BYU. We don't pay anybody and we'll always be a stepping stone for everybody but hardcore lifers (probably why we brought in Ty, Reno, etc). Of course we're losing our OC if he puts up any semblance of a competent offense.
    sure, but when you only have a 3 game sample and are only top 100 in offensive production (113th in total offense), it might be jumping the gun to be worried byu might lose him. bold, i know.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      You give us those seven points and we're 98th!
      no, that was giving them the 7.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        no, that was giving them the 7.
        I'm beginning to understand why Ross Apo hates you.
        Last edited by Surfah; 09-20-2018, 01:10 PM.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

sure, but when you only have a 3 game sample and are only top 100 in offensive production (113th in total offense), it might be jumping the gun to be worried byu might lose him. bold, i know.
          Well it goes beyond the numbers. Two road wins against P5 teams. And. At. Wisconsin. Where, BTW, we nearly tripled the points they were giving up. As you say, it's only a three game sample, so I fully expect those numbers to go up.

Or I could be completely misreading this, and we're a hot mess.

Comment

OK, I'll finally give you the swish. I wasn't sure after Cal, but I think Grimes is the man. Breaks my heart that Ty couldn't get it done here. And you have to live with yourself for starting this thread, naming it as you did.

That said, if Grimes is as good as I think he is, how long can we keep him?
            If Grimes is all he's cracked up to be, by the end of the year Utah will be looking for an OC so he is welcome to come on over.

Comment

• umm we are not a juggernaut on offense but we appear to be quite a bit better than last year even based on a small sample size. I don't think we are better at every facet of the offensive side of the ball, but the play of the o-line appears significantly better through 3 games. Given my opinion of our talent level at the skill positions, I think having an offense ranked 60-80 (where I think we will end up when all the patsies are finished) would be pretty good. That is where my adjusted expectations are for the remainder of the season which is significantly improved from my pre-season expectation of a bottom 10% FBS school.
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

OK, I'll finally give you the swish. I wasn't sure after Cal, but I think Grimes is the man. Breaks my heart that Ty couldn't get it done here. And you have to live with yourself for starting this thread, naming it as you did.

That said, if Grimes is as good as I think he is, how long can we keep him?
                Zero regrets. I love Ty but the program is always more important than individuals. Firing his was obviously the right move.

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                If Grimes is all he's cracked up to be, by the end of the year Utah will be looking for an OC so he is welcome to come on over.
                That is a dead end job, amigo.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  I'm beginning to understand why Ross App hates you.

indeed, some people hate facts. oh well, get in line!
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Well, either he does well and gets hired as OC at a P5 school, or HC at a smaller school, or he sucks and he gets fired. There's not really a middle option. 3-4 years.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      umm we are not a juggernaut on offense but we appear to be quite a bit better than last year even based on a small sample size. I don't think we are better at every facet of the offensive side of the ball, but the play of the o-line appears significantly better through 3 games. Given my opinion of our talent level at the skill positions, I think having an offense ranked 60-80 (where I think we will end up when all the patsies are finished) would be pretty good. That is where my adjusted expectations are for the remainder of the season which is significantly improved from my pre-season expectation of a bottom 10% FBS school.
                      Per usual, I'm with the 'Stripper. The O-line is where we've made significant strides and was really the unit that needed the biggest upgrade. You can win with mediocre or even poor QB play as Mangum demonstrates as long as your O-line is solid. You can run on traditionally stout front 7s even with RBs who lack breakaway speed as Squally and Lopini demonstrate when you have an O-line that can open bus lanes. Our offense isn't sexy but it's night and day better than the system Ty was running because Grimes can coach up an O-line.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Well, either he does well and gets hired as OC at a P5 school, or HC at a smaller school, or he sucks and he gets fired. There's not really a middle option. 3-4 years.
                        Yeah, i disagree with that thought process. I think there is a middle ground where he does well enough that coupled with a good defense, byu can be good and he stays. Not sure there is a huge market out there for this pound it out style Wisconsin plays and byu wants to mimic.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Yeah, i disagree with that thought process. I think there is a middle ground where he does well enough that coupled with a good defense, byu can be good and he stays. Not sure there is a huge market out there for this pound it out style Wisconsin plays and byu wants to mimic.
                          Okay, I'll concede that, but if we are putting percentages on which one of those 3 things happens, I think the middle ground is the smallest.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Okay, I'll concede that, but if we are putting percentages on which one of those 3 things happens, I think the middle ground is the smallest.
                            Agreed.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Okay. I'll give you that
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

This is crazy talk. People like winners. You see anybody whining about our boring style in the win over Wisconsin?
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X