Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    That’s funny. Of course there are other problems. This season was a train wreck.
    I think you missed my point.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      I think you missed my point.
      Here is what you said:

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      I hope you're right, and it's that simple to fix/get things headed in the right direction. My fear is that you're wrong, and history will show the problems go much deeper.
      Has anyone claimed that this is a "simple fix" that would solve all the problems? Maybe I missed it.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• This is a problem that can’t be fixed absent a miracle. LaVell was a miracle. Hell Bronco was a mini miracle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Here is what you said:

Has anyone claimed that this is a "simple fix" that would solve all the problems? Maybe I missed it.
          Simple: easily understood. It seems plain to everyone that Ty was one of the biggest issues with our offensive woes this year. I hope so, and that replacing him is a simple or plain way to get things going in the right direction. I fear that history will show otherwise, and that this change made no difference. He's a pretty smart guy. I'm not buying the narrative that's being sold. While I love Sitake, I think Ty is the sacrificial lamb to give him more time to figure things out.

I think Mangum was a huge factor in the train wreck, coupled with the lack of productivity of our seniors on offense.

Comment

• It’s about to get publicly ugly. Kalani might have done Detmer a favor. I have a feeling the Butch stuff is just the tip of the iceberg.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              Simple: easily understood. It seems plain to everyone that Ty was one of the biggest issues with our offensive woes this year. I hope so, and that replacing him is a simple or plain way to get things going in the right direction. I fear that history will show otherwise, and that this change made no difference. He's a pretty smart guy. I'm not buying the narrative that's being sold. While I love Sitake, I think Ty is the sacrificial lamb to give him more time to figure things out.

I think Mangum was a huge factor in the train wreck, coupled with the lack of productivity of our seniors on offense.

I think all of that is true AND I think Ty underperformed. It’s hard to survive your job as an OC being in the bottom 10 in offense no matter what else is going on.

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                It’s about to get publicly ugly. Kalani might have done Detmer a favor. I have a feeling the Butch stuff is just the tip of the iceberg.
                Are you talking about his mom’s rant?
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  I was out in front of this. Love Ty the player. But Ty the coordinator was downright awful.
                  No, give it another year or two or three to fully install his offense and BYU would have been unstoppable.

Comment

It’s about to get publicly ugly. Kalani might have done Detmer a favor. I have a feeling the Butch stuff is just the tip of the iceberg.
                    The Butch stuff is pretty brutal. I think the potential exists to really get crazy. I know a lot of BYU fans think BYU needs a big name but they are going to be really disappointed. If I'm a coach I'm thinking Kalani is a lame duck. My guess is it will be Roderick.

Comment

Okay but what is wrong with the Butch stuff? He is short and was a liability in coverage last year. We’re getting upset because we can’t take honest feedback? I love Butch but he wasn’t nearly as good this year as he was last, in large part because teams took advantage of him in coverage. Don’t get me wrong because I love Butch. And he wasn’t “to blame” for all our losses. But that was a weakness in defense. Sure, there were other factors too, but that was one of them IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                        Okay but what is wrong with the Butch stuff? He is short and was a liability in coverage last year. We’re getting upset because we can’t take honest feedback? I love Butch but he wasn’t nearly as good this year as he was last, in large part because teams took advantage of him in coverage. Don’t get me wrong because I love Butch. And he wasn’t “to blame” for all our losses. But that was a weakness in defense. Sure, there were other factors too, but that was one of them IMO.
                        Not knowing what was said (some say he was told he'd no longer a LB; others that he was just going to be buried on the depth chart; others that he should look to transfer), this could have been a motivational tool. He was bad this year. He was slow. Some say it's due to injury, others because he didn't spend enough time in the weight room, and even some who claim he spent too much time in the weight room. Whatever the reason, I'd love 2016 Butch back, but I would hope 2017 Butch loses PT in 2018.

Comment

• @n8trix on twitter (Nate Kennedy) claiming that Tanner and Beau are gonezo. Dude seems a little unhinged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                            @n8trix on twitter (Nate Kennedy) claiming that Tanner and Beau are gonezo. Dude seems a little unhinged.
                            That dude is an effing idiot.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                              I think all of that is true AND I think Ty underperformed. It’s hard to survive your job as an OC being in the bottom 10 in offense no matter what else is going on.

As likable and loved as Ty is, you nailed it. Nobody survives a bottom 10 offense. Similarly, very few HC's survive a bottom 10 offense and a really crappy defense. Our problem is obviously our coaches candidate pool. I know I'm in the minority, (which is ironic for a white guy descended from 9 Mayflower passengers...kind of the poster child for white privilege), but I think it was a bad move to leave the MWC. We just don't have the setup to be national contenders with the HC placing an almost insurmountable barrier to recruiting players and coaches. I also respect others' opinions that I'm full of crap.
                              sigpic
                              "Outlined against a blue, gray
                              October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                              Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                                As likable and loved as Ty is, you nailed it. Nobody survives a bottom 10 offense. Similarly, very few HC's survive a bottom 10 offense and a really crappy defense. Our problem is obviously our coaches candidate pool. I know I'm in the minority, (which is ironic for a white guy descended from 9 Mayflower passengers...kind of the poster child for white privilege), but I think it was a bad move to leave the MWC. We just don't have the setup to be national contenders with the HC placing an almost insurmountable barrier to recruiting players and coaches. I also respect others' opinions that I'm full of crap.
                                At this point I don't care if BYU goes back to a conference (I would prefer AAC over MWC), but help me understand how that would improve our coach candidate pool.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X