Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Now you are talking sense again. I think your prediction here is 100% what is going to happen.
    This sounds logical.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Just to clarify - your comments that are definitely not a theory are coming from your friends and/or family who spoke to friends and/or family who spoke to an undisclosed and perhaps unknown number of potential recruits and some of those unknown recruits have said they enjoy playing for championships and therefore the independence model is flawed and the basis for our shitty team?

I also like how you mention that you used to be in the position to talk to recruits and their families, but not anymore. So, that was a relevant comment.
      dude don't run off our insiders
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        This is a historically bad season for BYU. It could end up being the worst since the Academy days, and I don't think I'm exaggerating. So if it really is lack of players at receiver, is this really a historically bad roster for WR? Or is it just a very bad roster combined with an upgraded schedule compared to our historical average? I'm asking sincerely. Even if they are historically bad, we have played a couple really bad teams at this point and I would still expect some signs of life in those games if the coaches are up to the job.
        They are bad. We have some burners but they are weak when it comes to shedding defenders. Eventually some get open but it isn't happening enough. Injuries, lack of depth, yes some coaching mistakes, and the toughest schedule we've ever faced has beaten us down to a point we have never been in the modern era. It will be interesting to see to what point we can rebound. Some of that is out of the coaches and AD's control.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          Of course you know by now i wasn't referring to Koy.

So not Critchlow and not Detmer. Who else is there?

You realize that the next guy on the depth chart (if there is one) is worse than Detmer, right?
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
            There is no wisdom at all, other than making fans' egos feel better, in changing OC or QB. We live through the disaster and then likely Ty will be gone in December. My guess is Kalani and much of the staff will follow next December. Perhaps Kalani was the best option but I am leaning towards believing he is just not up to this. The admin, whoever the decision makers are, have a full year to figure out what they want BYU football to be and Kalani can be their fall guy.
            FTR, my "Fire Ty" OP was referring to the end of the season.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Just to clarify - your comments that are definitely not a theory are coming from your friends and/or family who spoke to friends and/or family who spoke to an undisclosed and perhaps unknown number of potential recruits and some of those unknown recruits have said they enjoy playing for championships and therefore the independence model is flawed and the basis for our shitty team?

I also like how you mention that you used to be in the position to talk to recruits and their families, but not anymore. So, that was a relevant comment.
              I'm not in that position but and I still get to talk to potentials on occasion. Besides, the same attitudes in the high schools have been there for some time and I haven't been gone for all that long. It's not hard for me to keep track of the talk. BYU is not high on the list of most of the 2-4 star recruits in this state regardless of past fan affiliation. While there are several reasons for this one is independence.

Comment

• Neither Kalani, Ty, or Mangum should go anywhere. At this moment the three of them are the best reasonable options we have.

Comment

• Wait, you're saying BYU is struggling to get 2 star Utah kids?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                    Wait, you're saying BYU is struggling to get 2 star Utah kids?
                    This discussion is a red herring. I guarantee you we are getting kids good enough to beat the likes of Utah State and ECU. First and foremost, we have a coaching problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                      Wait, you're saying BYU is struggling to get 2 star Utah kids?
                      shhh just sit back and watch
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

So not Critchlow and not Detmer. Who else is there?

You realize that the next guy on the depth chart (if there is one) is worse than Detmer, right?
                        Critchlow.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

This discussion is a red herring. I guarantee you we are getting kids good enough to beat the likes of Utah State and ECU. First and foremost, we have a coaching problem.
                          I agree with this. The program has some long term challenges and there is reason to wonder what the admin expects, but all the issues aside as to what BYU wants and really can be this coaching staff is worse than Crowton's.

Crowton at least recruited well, but to be fair to the current staff Crowton was in a much better atmosphere to recruit well to BYU. BYU still had better appeal through the first half of last decade. The slow drip started picking up speed ever so slightly then.
                          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Receivers are getting open enough to catch passes. They're not fighting for the ball when it doesn't fall in their breadbasket. We need a QB who can hit open receivers in stride. Tanner was never that guy. Tanner was the "back shoulder"/underthrown jump ball to six-foot-sexy receivers guy.

He's so afraid of throwing INTs (rightfully so). His only options are the pitch-and-catch routes, and he's struggling to be accurate enough. It's pretty damn frustrating.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I agree. This team is similarly talented as any the past 7 years. Sure injuries have exacerbated things this season but the team looked bad out of the gate.

Comment

• I wonder if there's a maturity problem on the part of the players, that didn't used to be a problem for the BYU.

When I compare the way today's BYU players handle stress, and the way the BYU players of yesteryear handled stress, it's night and day.
                                Last edited by Sleeping in EQ; 10-23-2017, 12:27 PM.
                                We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Working...
                                X