Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Yeah but if UMass stacks the box again next year we are hosed!
    There's a good chance we are hosed next year no matter what anyone does. With that said I believe we will rise at least to the level of being mediocre. We have some skill guys that gained experience and hopefully we will have better luck with injuries. Kalani needs to do his part to clean up the program culture. I think Grimes will help with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      There's a good chance we are hosed next year no matter what anyone does. With that said I believe we will rise at least to the level of being mediocre. We have some skill guys that gained experience and hopefully we will have better luck with injuries. Kalani needs to do his part to clean up the program culture. I think Grimes will help with that.
      Nowhere to go but up. I think (hope) we were at the bottom this year.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Is this the end of a pass happy offense in Provo. Get big lineman, a big back like Tolutau and just try and grind it out. Boring but winning football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          At any level.
          As a coach, I disagree. The point I am making is I don't know if Grimes is a good hire yet or not, and neither does anyone else until he actually runs an offense, which he has yet to do at the D1 level.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
            As a coach, I disagree. The point I am making is I don't know if Grimes is a good hire yet or not, and neither does anyone else until he actually runs an offense, which he has yet to do at the D1 level.
            I believe that Surfah understood your point. A valid point. That does not invalidate his point. Also a valid point. So...

tooblue: 1
            Surfah: 1

Pissing match ends in a draw. Now on to cautious optimism!

Comment

as a coach. lol. get outta here.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Let’s hurry and get Cahoon replaced.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                  Is this the end of a pass happy offense in Provo. Get big lineman, a big back like Tolutau and just try and grind it out. Boring but winning football.
                  Winning football is never as boring as losing football.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                    Is this the end of a pass happy offense in Provo. Get big lineman, a big back like Tolutau and just try and grind it out. Boring but winning football.
                    Like anyone knows yet. He has been under a lot of spread offenses.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
                      I believe that Surfah understood your point. A valid point. That does not invalidate his point. Also a valid point. So...

tooblue: 1
                      Surfah: 1

Pissing match ends in a draw. Now on to cautious optimism!

This season has left me feeling only pessimistic.

Comment

This season has left me feeling only pessimistic.
                        Cheer up, coach!

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                          Cheer up, coach!
                          A Utefan telling me to cheer up? Crap I'm screwed, when Utes start telling me to cheer up after my team hires a new Offensive coordinator

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                            I don't think Grimes was brought over to call plays. My guess is that the QB coach will assume that role.

The biggest concern I have with the hire that I see is if we had to pay Grimes so much money that we are not getting the additional position coach.
                            If we're allowed to have an extra coach, we'll spend the money on the extra coach. I can guarantee it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              The hire is good but those who wanted someone with OC experience have a gripe.

Completely disagree with Surfah. The OC has a lot of responsibility in other areas but he also needs the ability to call decent plays and adjust to the defensive scheme. Being a good playcaller is not easy.
                              He said calling plays was the most overrated aspect. Not that it wasn't important.

Also, as it relates to OC experience, let's see how the rest of the staff rounds out before making final judgement. I'd argue the two biggest issues on our offense this year were lack of identity and lack of accountability. I think Grimes is able to fix both of those. It may not be a one-year turn around. But I think he can get us there in 2 or 3. If that happens, of course he'll be gone either to a bigger program or as a Head Coach. But that's a good problem to have and it's been way too long since that happened to BYU. Especially since it means we're winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                as a coach. lol. get outta here.

Comment

Working...
                                X