Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
    I think one of the big problems here is that yes, Ty is a sacrificial lamb for Sitake, but Ty is better suited as the SL for Tom Holmoe. I don't for a minute believe that Kalani chose Ty Detmer. It was more like, "Kalani, we will let you be the HC if Ty Detmer is your OC". Now I don't believe Sitake is blameless, but the guy who should be sweating IMO is Tom Holmoe. This was a calculated risk to bring in Ty, I understand, but I would hope that we would allow the HC to chose who his assistants are. The OC and the HC, especially at BYU need to be on the same page. I go back to the presser the staff held two years ago. Ty was up there mentioning the names of walk-ons, an NCAA violation. Right then and there, Kalani had to be pissing in his pants. Ty is smart, and I think could eventually become a good OC, but he was WAAAAAY too green for this. He was not the right hire to begin with...that lies on the shoulders of Tom Holmoe.
    I think this is the first time I've read this take, that Ty was Holmoe's decision and he essentially forced it on Sitake. Maybe it's been posted before; I'm less involved in this thread. It's interesting. Does anyone else here feel the same way?
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• I think Sitake was down with it but it was Holmoe’s decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• I'll take hoops in AAC over WCC any day.

The whole "P6" thing means nothing. They are the best G5 conference, but they are no where near P5 in terms of prestige, money or exposure. Just calling yourself P6 doesn't do anything in the big picture of college football. No thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
          I think Sitake was down with it but it was Holmoe’s decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          There certainly is precedent for this. I recall Crowton was asked to retain all the assistant left behind by LE and Robert Anae was hired as the OC prior to Bronco being installed as the HC.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            The whole "P6" thing means nothing. They are the best G5 conference, but they are no where near P5 in terms of prestige, money or exposure. Just calling yourself P6 doesn't do anything in the big picture of college football. No thanks.
            It doesn't, but it's essentially our current strategy but without the easier access to a NY bowl game (not that I harbor any real illusions about that, I promise) and without friends. I'm sure we make more tv money with independence but that doesn't seem to have made much of a functional difference to the program over the past 5 years.

Comment

• New rumor on Twitter is Andy Ludwig. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                New rumor on Twitter is Andy Ludwig. Thoughts?
                Eff that. I'd rather have ARod who is going to be the next OC anyway.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Sweet this means there will be two fanbases who can greet each other by saying "Fire Ludwig!"
                  "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                    Sweet this means there will be two fanbases who can greet each other by saying "Fire Ludwig!"
                    Let's see...Aaron Roderick, Norm Chow, Andy Ludwig. I get trying to steal some of Kyle's defensive fairy dust, but trying to emulate Utah's offense over the years? Knock yourselves out.

Comment

No.

Comment

• Val Hale is the most annoying person in the history of my BYU sports fandom. He went on 960 last night and used the time to defend Crowton. Crowton's biggest fault was that he had success at first and then when the win total dropped a little, the vultures came. Bronco started out winning only "two or three games" his first year and then "6-6 or something" and people got used to low expecations, and he was fine.

So you don't have to look it up, Bronco started 6-6 and then went 43-9 over the next four seasons. Crowton had three losing seasons in a row, at a time when we hadn't had any losing seasons for the prior 30 years.
                        Last edited by jay santos; 12-06-2017, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                          Lol! Please let this happen
                          "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            Val Hale is the most annoying person in the history of my BYU sports fandom. He went on 960 last night and used the time to defend Crowton. Crowton's biggest fault was that he had success at first and then when the win total dropped a little, the vultures came. Bronco started out winning only "two or three games" his first year and then "6-6 or something" and people got used to low expecations, and he was fine.

So you don't have to look it up, Bronco started 6-6 and then went 43-9 over the next four seasons. Crowton had three losing seasons in a row, at a time when we hadn't had any losing seasons for the prior 30 years.
                            He and Merril Bateman need to be kicked in the nuts.

Comment

It's A'Rod. KS needs a quick fix with somebody who knows the personnel. Otherwise, he's gonzo after next year, which he might be any way.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                He and Merril Bateman need to be kicked in the nuts.
                                I volunteer and designate cowboy to do the honors.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X