Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    Hmmm, I can't believe that guy agrees with me. Someone hide this from Surfah and Sizzle so they aren't triggered.
    So I'm not triggered? He's saying the same thing I was saying. Actually calling the plays on Saturday is overrated. That work is done in game prep.
    Last edited by Sizzle; 12-15-2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      Ahem.
      Well it wasn't there when I was typing. Creek just hit "post" before me...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
        So I'm not triggered? He's saying the same thing I was saying. Actually calling the plays on Saturday is overrated. That work is done in game prep.

You really are dense. No wonder you're single.
        Actually you and Surfah were minimizing by calling play calling overrated. I stated you it's not overrated because game prep for a coordinator and calling plays on game day are really part of the same deal and that oftentimes the first fifteen or twenty plays are scripted during that prep. Essentially all that prep is to ensure that you don't crap the bed calling the plays on game day. Grimes didn't call that, "overrated". Grimes called it a, "Big Deal".

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
          Well it wasn't there when I was typing. Creek just hit "post" before me...
          I think he's saying "my point exactly."

Not "why did you post it twice."

Comment

Actually you and Surfah were minimizing by calling play calling overrated. I stated you it's not overrated because game prep for a coordinator and calling plays on game day are really part of the same deal and that oftentimes the first fifteen or twenty plays are scripted during that prep. Essentially all that prep is to ensure that you don't crap the bed calling the plays on game day. Grimes didn't call that, "overrated". Grimes called it a, "Big Deal".
            No. This is what I said.

But the prep work that goes into making those decisions Sunday through Friday is a hell of a lot more important than pulling the trigger on Saturday. Not saying it isn’t important. And some guys are better at it than others. But yeah, the game prep, the film work, the in game adjustments are things I’ve either seen first hand with Grimes at BYU or seen the results of teams he’s been on to feel like he will be just fine.
            This is what Grimes said:

I would say in terms of the play-calling stuff... I don’t want to minimize that responsibility at all because I recognize it’s a big deal and there are a lot of pressure calls made, but I’ve always believed a lot of the calls are made on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday throughout the week as you’re game-planning.
            If that doesn't align, I don't know what does.

Comment

No. This is what I said.

This is what Grimes said:

If that doesn't align, I don't know what does.
              Go back and read my original post.

Comment

Go back and read my original post.
                I'd prefer you first to explain how what I said and what Grimes said are different. Or, you can admit that he and I said the exact same thing. Either way.

Comment

I'd prefer you first to explain how what I said and what Grimes said are different. Or, you can admit that he and I said the exact same thing. Either way.
                  You and I pretty much agree but you decided to carry the overrated torch for Surfah. For what reason I do not know. I'll unlump you with Surfah.

Anyway, according to Grimes thinks it's a big deal. Overrated ≠ Big Deal

Comment

Grimes just minimized play calling in that quote.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Grimes just minimized play calling in that quote.
                      What he said and what I said in my original post are pretty much the same thing. I wrote that the coaches watched hours of film to came up with scripts for calling the initial plays and came up with contingencies for countering defenses. Grimes said the same thing in a different way.

Of course the plays called on the field are an extension of game prep. Most of the time the plays are determined in game prep. They are an interconnected. You can do all the game prep in the world but if you can't hack the the pressure on game day you're screwed.

Comment

What he said and what I said in my original post are pretty much the same thing. I wrote that the coaches watched hours of film to came up with scripts for calling the initial plays and came up with contingencies for countering defenses. Grimes said the same thing in a different way.
                        You guys are all actually saying pretty much the same thing.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          It's actually true. I just take exception to the word overrated. It's a description not based in reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            It would help if Shaka knew the difference between game planning and play calling.
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

It's actually true. I just take exception to the word overrated. It's a description not based in reality.
                              Why do you take exception to the truth?

You sound like Hans yesterday throwing a wet blanket on the hire because he doesn't have play calling experience. It's so overrated. The fact that tooblue is your only torch bearer should give you pause.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Why do you take exception to the truth?

You sound like Hans yesterday throwing a wet blanket on the hire because he doesn't have play calling experience. It's so overrated. The fact that tooblue is your only torch bearer should give you pause.
                                This hire is my best case scenario. I simply stated that there will be those who will not like it because he's not an experienced coordinator. I am not one of them. I think he will do a fine job given the circumstances.

Also you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X