• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    Debunked, Brock.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...t_alabama.html

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ama-ohio-state
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Really? I've never heard that. What specifically did he do wrong? Give me the vol. 1 dust jacket summary.
      Once upon a time there was a really big donor by the name of King Hussein. King wanted the Cougars to have a nice castle to live in and practice football. Bateman learned of King's desire to give him a big pot o' gold so the castle could be built. Bateman heralded throughout the land that a castle would be built. He even spoke to the tribal elders who blessed the plan for a new castle, and building began. One problem, King saw that the once mighty Cougars had turned into tiny kittens. King was angry and took his pot o' gold and was never heard from again. Bateman was sad. He knew the tribal elders did not wish to use their pot o' gold to build the castle, but the castle was already half-built. The tribal elders became angry and shit hit the fan!...Val Hale was beheaded...Bateman was banished to lord over a lesser part of the kingdom...and the Cougars came under the power of a hated one from the north country.

And they all lived happily ever after. The end.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
        Once upon a time there was a really big donor by the name of King Hussein. King wanted the Cougars to have a nice castle to live in and practice football. Bateman learned of King's desire to give him a big pot o' gold so the castle could be built. Bateman heralded throughout the land that a castle would be built. He even spoke to the tribal elders who blessed the plan for a new castle, and building began. One problem, King saw that the once mighty Cougars had turned into tiny kittens. King was angry and took his pot o' gold and was never heard from again. Bateman was sad. He knew the tribal elders did not wish to use their pot o' gold to build the castle, but the castle was already half-built. The tribal elders became angry and shit hit the fan!...Val Hale was beheaded...Bateman was banished to lord over a lesser part of the kingdom...and the Cougars came under the power of a hated one from the north country.

LOL... that is a pretty good bedtime story.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post

Damnit! I forgot to mention that the once mighty Cougars were turned tiny kittens by a magic wizard named Crowton.

I'm a terrible writer.

Originalsocal is sad.

Comment

• Bateman failed at everything for the Cougs.

He axed the wrestling and men's gymnastics teams which were both top five programs.

He failed to get the expansions necessary and promised the other Olympic sports a lot of things but never delivered.

He was a mini-Ernie Wilkerson and treated many a professor like shit, handing down edicts like a demonic king, acting against academic freedom and ruling like an autocratic tyrant. Other than that he was wonderful. Also he started or re-started the reign of GAs as President.

Bateman is a curse word among those who know him.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Horseshit.. I read further and he talks about teams who do not have a conference championship. They should be looked at their entire body of work. Clearly SEC does have a Championship game which indicates he feels stronger that a conference champion should weigh more.

That my opinion and sticking to it. Oh, and Saban can ESAD..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                Bateman failed at everything for the Cougs.

He axed the wrestling and men's gymnastics teams which were both top five programs.

He failed to get the expansions necessary and promised the other Olympic sports a lot of things but never delivered.

He was a mini-Ernie Wilkerson and treated many a professor like shit, handing down edicts like a demonic king, acting against academic freedom and ruling like an autocratic tyrant. Other than that he was wonderful. Also he started or re-started the reign of GAs as President.

Bateman is a curse word among those who know him.
                Sheesh. Seems a biiiiiit over dramatic.

Also, not sure you can blame Batemen, a G.A., for starting or restarting the "reign of G.A.s as president." I doubt he placed himself in that role.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Also, not sure you can blame Batemen, a G.A., for starting or restarting the "reign of G.A.s as president." I doubt he placed himself in that role.
                  He damaged BYU and its athletics to an extreme extent. He was the beginning of the end, if the ship is not righted.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

He damaged BYU and its athletics to an extreme extent. He was the beginning of the end, if the ship is not righted.
                    Don't forget that he was a demonic autocratic tyrant king!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Don't forget that he was a demonic autocratic tyrant king!
                      Okay, he was an administrative bully? You never like colorful descriptions after writing dry legal briefs?

Comment

Okay, he was an administrative bully? You never like colorful descriptions after writing dry legal briefs?
                        I'm a fan of accurate language, because I write dry legal briefs.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm a fan of accurate language, because I write dry legal briefs.
                          He was not respected by administrative staff due to his style and lack of respects for the opinions of those beneath him. He made promises to the athletic community which he did not keep, he failed to respect academic freedom and people believed he spied on certain professors, creating a narking system.

Do you prefer that? I suppose you watch C-SPAN for your entertainment as well.

Comment

He was not respected by administrative staff due to his style and lack of respects for the opinions of those beneath him. He made promises to the athletic community which he did not keep, he failed to respect academic freedom and people believed he spied on certain professors, creating a narking system.

Do you prefer that? I suppose you watch C-SPAN for your entertainment as well.
                            Well it certainly provides something close to details, which was what I was asking for earlier in this thread. Much better than penning a bad fantasy novel and including Bateman as the demonic king.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Fire Ty

Originally posted by falafel View Post

If GA stands for Gigantuan Asshole then I agree.

He is not a General Authority to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                                If GA stands for Gigantuan Asshole then I agree.

He is not a General Authority to me.
                                That's probably right. He's now an emeritus General Authority.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X