Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    It was like this during the Crowton years also as I remember, maybe worse. By the way, anyone who even comes close to suggesting Crowton come back as OC deserves to have their fan credentials yanked for life. There is a reason he was fired as OC at like a half dozen places after BYU, including SUU, of all places. Maybe someday Ty could figure out how to get the ideas in his head to translate into play on the field. Crowton has had many more years to figure that out and never could.
    I was happy to see him find success at LSU in 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      you guys married in to shitty families
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Sheesh, no kidding. That would make me wanna
      Mods, please delete these posts. Ad hominem attacks on posters' real life families? Over the line.

Comment

• Based on the summaries from Vanquish the Foe and my own limited knowledge of the available options, it seems like Paul Peterson is the best option with whom we have a realistic shot:

Paul Peterson- Snow College Head Coach

The most potent offense in Junior College Football? That belongs to Paul Peterson’s Snow College team, who is putting up 50.9 points per game this season.

The former Boston College quarterback has been wreaking having on JUCO teams after tearing it up as offensive coordinator at Sacramento State for 6 years.

Peterson was a graduate assistant at BYU at 2006 and served a LDS church mission.

Peterson is a name many are probably unfamiliar with, but he could end up being a home run hire. With his play calling experience at the college level, innovative offense, JUCO connections (which would be great for recruiting), and familiarity with BYU and LDS culture, Peterson is among the favorites to be the next OC.
        https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2017/...ve-coordinator

He is LDS, has a few BYU connections, and has successful experience as both an OC and head coach at the collegiate level. Also, I like that most of his experience is separate from BYU and from other guys currently on the staff. I believe it is often helpful to have guys with differing backgrounds and experiences to bring varying perspectives, thereby enriching the whole.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Based on the summaries from Vanquish the Foe and my own limited knowledge of the available options, it seems like Paul Peterson is the best option with whom we have a realistic shot:

He is LDS, has a few BYU connections, and has successful experience as both an OC and head coach at the collegiate level. Also, I like that most of his experience is separate from BYU and from other guys currently on the staff. I believe it is often helpful to have guys with differing backgrounds and experiences to bring varying perspectives, thereby enriching the whole.
          He is the only guy I have heard about so far who possesses both of the following attributes:

1. We have a chance of landing
          2. Doesn't make me cringe when I think of him being hired

Let's bring him on board!

Comment

Based on the summaries from Vanquish the Foe and my own limited knowledge of the available options, it seems like Paul Peterson is the best option with whom we have a realistic shot:

cons: he has a beard.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
              He is the only guy I have heard about so far who possesses both of the following attributes:

1. We have a chance of landing
              2. Doesn't make me cringe when I think of him being hired

Let's bring him on board!
              Wasn't he a Ricks guy?

Edit: Nope. A Snow College QB.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                Wasn't he a Ricks guy?
                Snow College, then Boston College.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I like the fact that we can depend on him to help us fill some holes via JC transfers in the short term, and he seems to know how to call a football game.

Still a bit of a gamble, but he sends enough players to D-1 teams that maybe the leap to FBS wouldn't be too much.

Comment

I like the fact that we can depend on him to help us fill some holes via JC transfers in the short term, and he seems to know how to call a football game.

Still a bit of a gamble, but he sends enough players to D-1 teams that maybe the leap to FBS wouldn't be too much.
                    I have to think that anyone who isn't a gamble is going to see Kalani as a potential lame duck, and be very tough to get in.

Comment

• If we can get Peterson it would be a very solid hire. He might be able take over when Sitake is fired in the next year or two.
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                        I have to think that anyone who isn't a gamble is going to see Kalani as a potential lame duck, and be very tough to get in.
                        Or view it as a HC opportunity!!

Comment

Or view it as a HC opportunity!!
                          this...given the shallow pool of head coach candidates if you have some degree of success in reviving the offense you will be in the drivers seat when BYU is looking for a Kalani replacement.
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                            Greg Wrubell‏Verified account
                            @gregwrubell
                            Following Following @gregwrubell
                            More
                            American Athletic Conference commissioner Mike Aresco on @CSNowTweets this morning: "The 'P6' narrative is very important to us...we feel that we're closer to the P5 than we are the (other G5s)."
                            7:54 AM - 28 Nov 2017
                            I'm down with the American. Partner up with Boise and let's go.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                              I'm down with the American. Partner up with Boise and let's go.
                              Wichita State is basketball only, right?

That's a pretty good conference. Better than the MWC. But man, that would be a lot of travel. Although, we are already traveling quite a bit I guess. Would be more difficult for basketball.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Wichita State is basketball only, right?

That's a pretty good conference. Better than the MWC. But man, that would be a lot of travel. Although, we are already traveling quite a bit I guess. Would be more difficult for basketball.
                                I don't think a better option exists for us and I fear that if we wait too long, even these mid major conferences won't be able to take us due to public pressure. I don't know what too long is, maybe 5 years? Or maybe it's just 1-2 more seasons like this one where they'd say "thanks but we're good already."

Comment

Working...
                                X