Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
    The problem in my opinion is that BYU as an institution has taken football success and revenue as a given. They have been reaping without sowing for years. They will be forced to invest in football and basketball as a school instead of the current approach. If they don't, they will lose the revenue and support of sports loving donors who have other options like Utah and even lowly UVU.
    I don’t have personal knowledge, but this is my perception, too.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

The problem in my opinion is that BYU as an institution has taken football success and revenue as a given. They have been reaping without sowing for years. They will be forced to invest in football and basketball as a school instead of the current approach. If they don't, they will lose the revenue and support of sports loving donors who have other options like Utah and even lowly UVU.
      Elaborate. Do you just mean not spending?
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        Fuck you guys. Disloyal pricks. This season is like Ty's 5-pick game in his debut against Wyo. You guys will be eating your hats when our Ty-power offense leads the nation and gets tons of accolades including a Heisman for the Joe Critchlow. I'm sticking with our guy.
        Ha. If Ty had thrown five interceptions in seven games in a row, then you might have a valid comparison.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I stand with YOhio and KillerDog. Kalani, Ty and Tuiaki should be given a legitimate shot to right the ship. As KD stated there are institutional issues that have been slowly killing the football program. Coordinators are going to struggle given the injury situation and lack of talent.

I agree with you who think Reno and Ben should get the boot. Empey should stay. BYU needs an upgrade in S&C coach. I'd also consider replacing Holmoe even though I really like him.

Also serious consideration should be given to back to a conference whether it be the AAC or the MWC.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Ha. If Ty had thrown five interceptions in seven games in a row, then you might have a valid comparison.
            Agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              I stand with YOhio and KillerDog. Kalani, Ty and Tuiaki should be given a legitimate shot to right the ship. As KD stated there are institutional issues that have been slowly killing the football program. Coordinators are going to struggle given the injury situation and lack of talent.

I agree with you who think Reno and Ben should get the boot. Empey should stay. BYU needs an upgrade in S&C coach. I'd also consider replacing Holmoe even though I really like him.
              So you and I simply disagree over which assistant coach to fire first. Gotcha.

Also serious consideration should be given to back to a conference whether it be the AAC or the MWC.
              Yeah, let's a take a huge pay cut and go crawling back to a shitty conference right at a point when we have the worst losing streak in decades. That will solve it!
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

BYU or the BOT? I keep hearing that it isn't BYU's desire to underpay/under invest but the desire of the BOT. How does BYU pay their non sports faculty compared to other institutions?

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
                  BYU or the BOT? I keep hearing that it isn't BYU's desire to underpay/under invest but the desire of the BOT. How does BYU pay their non sports faculty compared to other institutions?
                  It's BYU politics. People love to blame the BOT for lots of stuff but this is at the VP and President level at BYU. If I donate $1mm to the school athletic programs to see them get better, they take the money previously spent on athletics and reappropriate it so they don't have to pay more. Their goal isn't success, it's milking the programs and the donors. The arrogance of the Admissions department is tragic. I love the school but change needs to come. BYU would love to have the entire school endowed by donors but still claim that they get tithing money. They could then take all the prior funds and use them for BYU Hawaii or BYU Idaho, which are expanding. Why grow the secondary brand? Grow the primary brand!

Comment

If the institutional issues are killing the football program, hiring or firing any coordinators is not going to fix anything. If the institution isn’t interested in fielding a competitive football team, then why even try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

It's BYU politics. They could then take all the prior funds and use them for BYU Hawaii or BYU Idaho, which are expanding. Why grow the secondary brand? Grow the primary brand!
                      I've heard from a very good source that BYU-I is not going to be expanding in the near future. Departments have been told to cut their budgets, they are closing down and selling the outdoor center up in the Teton Valley and trips by faulty members for academic reasons have been cut. Pathways keeps growing and my guess is the church is going to put the funds there.

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      If the institutional issues are killing the football program, hiring or firing any coordinators is not going to fix anything. If the institution isn’t interested in fielding a competitive football team, then why even try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      My guess is Henry Eyring is trying to find a nice way to kill the sports program in Provo like he did Rexburg and expand Pathways. This year will just be one step closer to making it easier for him.

Comment

If you hadn't added this last line, I could try to agree with you. This is the suicide option. It's a terrible idea.

Comment

Here's the thing. What's more likely: ty being a good OC under a different head coach, or Kalani being a good head coach with a different OC?
                          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                            Here's the thing. What's more likely: ty being a good OC under a different head coach, or Kalani being a good head coach with a different OC?
                            Exactly.

Our offense is a disaster right now. Not just talent but horrible execution and play calling.

Comment

Are there any coaches that left Granite HS for USU that we could hire?
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                If you hadn't added this last line, I could try to agree with you. This is the suicide option. It's a terrible idea.
                                No it's not. Independence is a factor in our recruiting and scheduling woes.

Comment

Working...
                                X