No announcement yet.

Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries is a lame excuse given we sucked from game 1.

Tbh ill have no hope for next year unless, at a minimum, we have new coordinators on both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      Stay classy! There you go with your bully act again. And again, loving Trump's speech disqualifies you from rendering judgment on others' knowledge of politics.
      Sure Frank. After all you've never personally insulted me in your political threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Only his mom would be able to understand what he posted, simple maroons like you would think you were reading Chinese.
        That may be true as mom had a decent understanding of the game. That's what can happen if you attended LaVell's football for women class at Education Week and read Football for Dummies.

I highly recommend that book for some of you: https://www.amazon.com/Football-Dumm.../dp/1118012615

Comment

• Are there anymore heroes out there this stupid fanbase can pine for? At this point in time what other choices does BYU have but to hire actual football coaches based upon some type of track record?

Sucks for Ty's legacy to be tarnished, but Kalani is going to need somebody blame so he can get another year until what is inevitable concerning his HC future at BYU comes to fruition.
          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
            Sure Frank. After all you've never personally insulted me in your political threads.
            Originally posted by Shaka View Post
            That may be true as mom had a decent understanding of the game. That's what can happen if you attended LaVell's football for women class at Education Week and read Football for Dummies.

I highly recommend that book for some of you: https://www.amazon.com/Football-Dumm.../dp/1118012615
            not a great performance itt man
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I use to have a poster of Ty in my room in college. Until my gf saw it and said: "You're 21. Having a poster of another guy is weird". In retrospect, she was not wrong ....

What I'm trying to figure out is what evidence is there that Mr. Detmer is even an average D1 coordinator? It seems the best case scenario -and the one generations of Shakas seem to support - is he may not be as bad as it appears. This likely is true. I don't want to believe the guy who provided me with so many great memories, is the 7th stupidest guy in D1. However, in 2016 BYU had above average talent (by Provo standards) on the offensive side of the ball. They had a winning record, and came extremely close to having a magical season. Thus, they must have been lighting it up, like the old WAC days, right? Wrong.

2016 stats:

Total offense: 71st (out of 128)- Granted that is the Costanza "meaty part of the curve" area ....
              Rushing Offense: This is where last year's team shined, They were ranked 41st. Though, one might argue it will be hard (if not impossible) to have two athletes like Taysom and Jamal in the backfield ever again.
              Passing Offense: What most fans thought Ty would bring back to LES, was the ability to throw the pill to balding 23YO RMs- like the glory days. Last year the Cougars were ranked a barftastic 96th

2016 clusters:

Total offense: 122
              Rushing Offense: 109
              Passing Offense: 91 . They are actually better this year than last

I understand the argument of not Ty's players, injuries. total eclipses, pot on a frisbee, et. al. I don't agree with it, but I get it. But going back to my original question, what evidence has Ty shown that he is even an average coordinator? i would say there is none.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                not a great performance itt man
                That made a lot of sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  I use to have a poster of Ty in my room in college. Until my gf saw it and said: "You're 21. Having a poster of another guy is weird". In retrospect, she was not wrong ....

What I'm trying to figure out is what evidence is there that Mr. Detmer is even an average D1 coordinator? It seems the best case scenario -and the one generations of Shakas seem to support - is he may not be as bad as it appears. This likely is true. I don't want to believe the guy who provided me with so many great memories, is the 7th stupidest guy in D1. However, in 2016 BYU had above average talent (by Provo standards) on the offensive side of the ball. They had a winning record, and came extremely close to having a magical season. Thus, they must have been lighting it up, like the old WAC days, right? Wrong.

2016 stats:

Total offense: 71st (out of 128)- Granted that is the Costanza "meaty part of the curve" area ....
                  Rushing Offense: This is where last year's team shined, They were ranked 41st. Though, one might argue it will be hard (if not impossible) to have two athletes like Taysom and Jamal in the backfield ever again.
                  Passing Offense: What most fans thought Ty would bring back to LES, was the ability to throw the pill to balding 23YO RMs- like the glory days. Last year the Cougars were ranked a barftastic 96th

2016 clusters:

Total offense: 122
                  Rushing Offense: 109
                  Passing Offense: 91 . They are actually better this year than last

I understand the argument of not Ty's players, injuries. total eclipses, pot on a frisbee, et. al. I don't agree with it, but I get it. But going back to my original question, what evidence has Ty shown that he is even an average coordinator? i would say there is none.
                  I would say you're correct. There really isn't any evidence. With that said in the interest of fairness you have to take the whole picture into account. As it stands Josh Daniels couldn't do much with this offense. There are too many injuries, too much youth, runnning back by committee, and not enough talent.

I'm not advocating we fire any coach at this time but if I did it would be Kalani. The entire team lacks discipline and that plays a huge role in our futillity. That falls squarely on the HC.

Comment

• I'm fine with Ty and would like to see him stay.
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                      I'm fine with Ty and would like to see him stay.
                      I would also add that I am fine with Ty and hope he stays a long, long, long time
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I would say you're correct. There really isn't any evidence. With that said in the interest of fairness you have to take the whole picture into account. As it stands Josh Daniels couldn't do much with this offense. There are too many injuries, too much youth, runnning back by committee, and not enough talent.

I'm not advocating we fire any coach at this time but if I did it would be Kalani. The entire team lacks discipline and that plays a huge role in our futillity. That falls squarely on the HC.
                        If BYU wants to reach its potential in football it isn't going to happen with Kalani as its HC. I tend to think the same about Ty. If he were going to be good at being a D1 OC, I am convinced things would look better than they have. By "things" I mean like getting yards and putting points on the board. However, I tend to believe all evaluations of a program should pretty much start and end with the HC. I don't believe in firing Kalani this soon, but I do believe it is inevitable. I tend to believe Kalani will fire Ty in an effort to shake up the offense and buy himself some time. I wouldn't be upset if he doesn't fire Ty as in my world nothing material will change until after Kalani is removed regardless of who the OC will be next year. I would expect that the new HC will likely not hire Ty Detmer but if he does then that is his choice and I am fine with it. I tend to think hiring somebody with a better track record than Ty would portend for high probability of success but I have been wrong before.
                        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                          I would also add that I am fine with Ty and hope he stays a long, long, long time
                          GTFO Don't you have a timeout to go call or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                            If BYU wants to reach its potential in football it isn't going to happen with Kalani as its HC. I tend to think the same about Ty. If he were going to be good at being a D1 OC, I am convinced things would look better than they have. By "things" I mean like getting yards and putting points on the board. However, I tend to believe all evaluations of a program should pretty much start and end with the HC. I don't believe in firing Kalani this soon, but I do believe it is inevitable. I tend to believe Kalani will fire Ty in an effort to shake up the offense and buy himself some time. I wouldn't be upset if he doesn't fire Ty as in my world nothing material will change until after Kalani is removed regardless of who the OC will be next year. I would expect that the new HC will likely not hire Ty Detmer but if he does then that is his choice and I am fine with it. I tend to think hiring somebody with a better track record than Ty would portend for high probability of success but I have been wrong before.
                            It's possible that Kalani will use Ty as a scapegoat. Personally I think the whole staff needs another year to see what they can do to fix the situation. They need to use the lessons learned from this season, put some accountability into the program, and hit the recruiting trail like crazy. Even then I think they have an uphill climb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                              Hush, you have your own coordinator problems.

Comment

That made a lot of sense.
                                It's a subtle way of saying you should tap out.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X