Smoke 'em, Chop 'em, Eat 'em up -- BYU @ ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Have you been following Wrubell's tweets on FPI?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    No.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Cracks me up that anybody could watch this horrible BYU team and think “Uh yeah I’m pretty sure we will win out but we might drop 1 remaining game.”

This team is horrible and I wouldn’t trust them to beat any FBS school at this point. Hope I’m wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        Cracks me up that anybody could watch this horrible BYU team and think “Uh yeah I’m pretty sure we will win out but we might drop 1 remaining game.”

This team is horrible and I wouldn’t trust them to beat any FBS school at this point. Hope I’m wrong.
        Put your money where your mouth is and bet a load of money on ECU this weekend.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

ECU is a terrible team and the local's are up in arms that the new AD Jeff Compher fired Ruffian McNeil a couple of years ago then was shocked when no coach worth his salt would take the job. Then the ECU president gave the jerk an extension on his contract and now they can't fire the AD. This is typical of so many college programs where the coach has a good team and the boosters/AD think they should be in top 5 or something crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium is empty. Not only is ECU terrible but there is no hope of getting rid of the clown in charge of athletics. Morale is horrible in G-Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by OceanBlue View Post
            ECU is a terrible team and the local's are up in arms that the new AD Jeff Compher fired Ruffian McNeil a couple of years ago then was shocked when no coach worth his salt would take the job. Then the ECU president gave the jerk an extension on his contract and now they can't fire the AD. This is typical of so many college programs where the coach has a good team and the boosters/AD think they should be in top 5 or something crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium is empty. Not only is ECU terrible but there is no hope of getting rid of the clown in charge of athletics. Morale is horrible in G-Vegas.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

BYU is going to win out, including the bowl game. Finish 8-6 and we are all going to be pumped come spring ball for next season when the schedule lightens up a bit and Tanner is a 30 year old senior.

Of course next year we start with @Arizona, Cal, @Wisconsin, Mcneese State, @ Washington. So most likely we start the season 1-4 again, and we go through this all over.

We finish with Utah State, Hawaii, Northern Illinois, @Boise, @UMASS, New Mexico State, @ Utah. So we need to finish 5-2 to make a bowl game.
              *Banned*

Comment

Smoke 'em, Chop 'em, Eat 'em up -- BYU @ ECU

We all know it's been a rough season so far, but it gets on track this week with the Cougs inspired by their visit to the true and living church of bbq. As OceanBlue mentioned, ECU is down down down this year and they give up a lot of offense. We had some glimpses of getting things in order and this is the place to really make that happen. The Pirates' lone win was a tight one that almost went to OT and they're not rolling in points either.

The purple and gold will be black and blue Saturday night!

And if you need meal ideas, go back to the trippin post.

Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
                Abridged version...

That area is the home of Eastern NC style bbq and there are some options that you just can't go wrong with. This is pulled pork, whole hog goodness and in the east it's a thin, pepper-rich vinegar-based sauce, no tomato or -- bleh -- mustard-based SC sauce.
                • Bill's (Wilson, NC) -- This is my favorite. "From the squeal to the meal." Due to hurricanes and flooding, Bill's became a buffet several years back and it's great. The fried chicken is like cocaine (per Mrs. PH, though I'm afraid to question her knowledge of the similarities) and you want the bbq to go with it, along with hushpupppies, corn sticks, Brunswick stew, slaw and finish it off with some of the best banana pudding anywhere. They also have pre-frozen pints and quarts in the drive-thru in case you need to catch a plane, take some home, heal a black eye.
                • Parker's (Wilson) -- Parker's is similar to Bill's and half my family prefers that over Bill's, but it's a preference thing. They don't have a buffet, but the livers and gizzards are supposedly quite delicious. Go with the same items as above. And some of my family helped to build the restaurant, so that's a bonus. They're not too far from each other, so try them both!
                • B's (Greenville) -- B's is a classic, pit-fired place with no frills mom-n-pop place. Heck, they haven't had a phone all that long. Sells out quickly, so go early.
                • Skylight Inn (Ayden) -- Good, wood-fired 'cue, but it's chopped too finely for my taste, whereas the others have good-sized chunks.
                I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

Based on the number of post already in this thread it doesn't look like many are excited for the game Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                    Based on the number of post already in this thread it doesn't look like many are excited for the game Saturday.
                    These should probably be added to the total:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...play-this-week
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                      These should probably be added to the total:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...play-this-week
                      Yeah, I thought I already started a game thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

It's to bad they didn't name it East North Carolina University, then they could have been the most directional of all directional colleges.

Comment

Threads merged. Sorry Moliere. Your title lost.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Episode 263: Church leadership silencing voices they disagree with online
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Great, now we are going to lose

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                Great, now we are going to lose

Topper say what? It wasn't clear if the other thread was directed at ECU or a showing of general malaise for the second half of the season.
                                I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X