Smoke 'em, Chop 'em, Eat 'em up -- BYU @ ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    The offense doesn’t look good to me, but I’ll wait on better football minds to weigh in.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Too soon for AA to ask Holmoe for a refund?
      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
        What was the line in the sand? When?
        Prop 8.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Anyone still think it isn't a major part coaching?

Comment

• Prior to us, ECU had not held a team to less than 30 points, including James Madison and Temple.

Comment

• Looks like I picked the wrong year to quit taking amphetamines. I'm thanking the heavens that we aren't playing Wyoming this year. They're like Utah fans on crack. I could be snowed in a cow camp 15 miles into the back country and some jackhole would snowshoe in just to tell me BYU sucks.
              sigpic
              "Outlined against a blue, gray
              October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
              Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Apparently Francis Bernard wad arrested for a DUI on Saturday morning. We are back in the Crowton years.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                  Apparently Francis Bernard wad arrested for a DUI on Saturday morning. We are back in the Crowton years.
                  Well, that's that. He's transferring to Utah.
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                    The really sad thing is, we can't be certain the basketball team will be any better.
                    The line in the sand is that coaches must be LDS. And prop 8. The BOt has effectively killed BYU football and possibly basketball. There might be a path out of hell but I don’t see it.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      The line in the sand is that coaches must be LDS. And prop 8. The BOt has effectively killed BYU football and possibly basketball. There might be a path out of hell but I don’t see it.
                      Technically, only the head coach needs to be LDS. However, BYU pays their assistant coaches so poorly that the only people to take those jobs are LDS with BYU ties.

The fan base is a bigger mess than the team right now. From the fan base perspective, it looks like there is no long term strategy and no serious investment in the program from the BYU admins and the BOT. Maybe there is behind the scenes but they certainly aren't communicating it. Fans are irrational anyway, throw this much uncertainty on to of it and this is what got get.

I assume the long term strategy is to keep independence until the next round of conference realignment in 5 years. That way there is no tricky contracts to negotiate to make the move. That's fine, but there should be more support on finding ways to win in the meantime. Namely, paying coaches more.

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                        Only if he has the right attitude!
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                          1st team all CS!
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                          X