Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The thread for conservative persecution and victimization complexes in the media etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Years ago on my way in to work I used to listen to a talk radio host named Neil Boortz. He’d always have a news story about some outrageous event that happened somewhere in America, further evidence that this country was going down the tubes thanks to the Godless liberals. I’d arrive at work in a bad mood and ready to argue with anyone who tried to convince me things were actually just fine.

A while into this I realized how unhelpful this was on my mental well-being. The stories were almost always overblown and inconsequential. They not only provided no value, but they were actually harmful. I was looking for reasons to dislike my fellow citizens and to be pessimistic. The daily outrage was grinding on me. I stopped listening completely and my life immediately got better.

Frank, I recommend you do the same.
    Not sure if this is a serious or sarcastic YO post. Very hard to tell sometimes. Whatever it is, it's good advice.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Not sure if this is a serious or sarcastic YO post. Very hard to tell sometimes. Whatever it is, it's good advice.
      No, it’s serious and it’s good advice. I consider YOhio a friend. He’s not a reflexively antagonistic person. I think I’ll take a news fast for a good of weeks.

I am genuinely mystified that I’ve been singled out for addressing this topic. The point I was trying to make is that it’s open season when it comes to reducing liberals to stereotypes, and the water cooler is littered with drive by tweets and YouTube clips deriding liberals but not the other way around.

Regardless, I’ve tried to gut this thread to lower the bombast.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        And that never happens on other threads ever. Got it.
        Come on frank. That wasn’t directed at you. This is not a good thread to exhibit a victimization or persecution complex!
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Come on frank. That wasn’t directed at you. This is not a good thread to exhibit a victimization or persecution complex!
          Ok, that was extremely well-played sir.

Comment

FTR, Frank I think you are a good person with a good heart and I consider you a friend. 99% of what I say on here is just joshin’ around, except my feelings on kickers those are serious, I hope you haven’t felt diminished by my comments. Even if we don’t agree on things we can be friends, unless you like kickers.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

In retrospect this should have been the game thread.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                It was a serious post and in general I try to avoid wallowing in the muck of unnecessary negativity. It still happens on occasion, but I've found that life is better when I avoid spending mental and emotional energy on matters I can't control. In my opinion, one of the most valuable pieces of LDS doctrine is the 13th AoF.

...If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praise worthy we seek after these things.
                It's really easy to fall into the trap of doing the opposite and actively seek out the negative for criticism. My experience has been that it inevitably leads to misery and a false sense of satisfaction.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  It was a serious post and in general I try to avoid wallowing in the muck of unnecessary negativity. It still happens on occasion, but I've found that life is better when I avoid spending mental and emotional energy on matters I can't control.
                  Of this is correct, you need to stop cheering for BYU.
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    Of this is correct, you need to stop cheering for BYU.
                    Shut your dumb face.

Comment

Is this the place I can put updates from my favorite morning drive radio show? They've got a VERY active conspiracy theory complex that starts to move into some victimization and persecution at times. Plus, it has the bonus of being so outlandish that it doesn't give me what we can now call "the YOhio phenomenon" of showing up to work upset at my liberal co-workers and looking to pick a fight.

Monday mornings they have some financial guy on, so I can only update on other days of the week.

Comment

Working...
                      X